Headlights Light Change

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
find any hole to put the ballast on. i actually zip tied mine right behind the headlight itself and it doesn't wiggle or nothing.

im running 6k but im thinking about switching to 5k. i want brighter :cool:

LeAccord

Reaction score
I took off my front bumper and mounted mine to the reinforcement bar. That way, if cops pull you over and asks to inspect your engine bay, they won't see the ballasts anywhere .. only works if they can't tell the difference in light output :jae:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Not really, depends on your state. But I believe HID lighting is not legally suppose to be in headlights that didn't come with it from the factory. You won't really get busted for it though, unless you live in Nazi-occupied California.

lmazing86

Reaction score
This would definitely be an alternative to HID if that is what your looking for.

Agreed. I put some HIR bulbs in my fiancee's 98 and they were noticably brighter than halogens. Still weren't good enough for me, so I ended up going retrofit....but still, for $40 for a pair and about 5 minutes of work trimming a tab, they make a big difference.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-HIR2-Standard-Halogen-Headlight/dp/B00480N18G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347657925&sr=8-1&keywords=9012

Also, the HIR bulbs are rated at something like 4x the lifespan of silverstars...

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
Not really, depends on your state. But I believe HID lighting is not legally suppose to be in headlights that didn't come with it from the factory. You won't really get busted for it though, unless you live in Nazi-occupied California.

true.. i got pulled over for having blueish colored lights in my grill.. which werent any bluer than my headlights. I hate commu-fornia.

Back