Help cleaning up spambots

001Stunna

Reaction score
why? SEO... site traffic... advertising revenue...

We had a human spammer come in TAC Chat one afternoon as he was just bored spamming i guess. He claimed how he only gets paid by how many ppl click on the BS links he posts and how he still lived with his mother. We were discussing food preferences and then he said he'd spam some more forums as he had to meet a quota by end of day.

I think he was the only spammer I didn't ban but just deleted his junk posts lolz.

As for banning/deleting all the spammers I posted; I believe you can just input all their usernames all at once and not have to do them one by one...would suck if you didnt have that option.

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
Just reported three of those spam posts where they talk about random stuff with broken links in between.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
At the expense of repeating what has been said before, we meed more than one active mod… I'd like to submit my candidacy.

Jimsun

Reaction score
What we should do is implement security images for the first 25 posts ^_^
Deleting or banning people who haven't been in the site for x months / years isn't fair. What if they weren't the type to post? some people could just be busy with life.
banning isn't good if ban = can't come back to site. just delete their account so it'll give them the chance to remake that same account in the event they do come back.

just a thought ofc.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
We need atleast two more mods or an active admin to run this site.

I'm sure Roy pretty much does 95% of the clean up.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
This forum has gone to complete sh*t.. I can't even send a f*cking private message without getting an internal server error. I'm getting wicked, wicked pissed.

Back