help removing stripped tuner lugs or a cheap shop around socal

iam_nas

Reaction score
long story short - my mechanic over torqued the tool/lock for my lugs, and he stripped it, so he kinda re-shaped it and it kinda fit in the lugs, but they are so over torqued that they are getting stripped, whenever i try and take them off. its themy tuner lugs got stripped, and i've tried just about everything to get them off, but its not working. so i guess ima have to get them drilled out. does anybody know a shop around socal that can do this for a fairly cheap price?

silverbullet99

Reaction score
he ****ed it up so he should fix it. unless your "mechanic" is your buddy and doesn't have any money to buy you a new lug.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like you're gonna need new studs soon too.

What the hell was he using to torque them down? 85lbs is all you need, which isnt much.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
I always have a shop use a Hand wrench, never an air/impact gun...those things are murder on lugs.

BTW, what brand are they? I hope it's not the Muteki's... I might have to get some Project Kiks.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
I have broken 8 studs in the past 4 months... ur gonna have to break it and replace the stud and the tuner lug... thats ur only option... its really easy... take off the caliper from the rotor and bang out the stud back and it should fall out... then put in the new stud, bang it in (easier to find a 19mm bolt and just tighten it all the way till it snaps in place.) and then put everything back... if u take it to a shop its 25 bucks to have em replaced...

but regardless ur gonna have to break the stud and replace it

nyknick1015

Reaction score
loosen it as much as he could and then take the lug remover and bend it down... that's what i did to remove it, its high tensile steel so it shouldn't bend, it should just snap... then take a hammer to it and bang it out

Back