help removing stripped tuner lugs or a cheap shop around socal

iam_nas

Reaction score
Make him fix it, for free.
im trying but he doesn't pick up his damm phone

he ****ed it up so he should fix it. unless your "mechanic" is your buddy and doesn't have any money to buy you a new lug.

its 16 new lugs, they're all stripping now

I always have a shop use a Hand wrench, never an air/impact gun...those things are murder on lugs.

BTW, what brand are they? I hope it's not the Muteki's... I might have to get some Project Kiks.

i have no idea probly some cheap ramdom lugs, i got them from my uncle
I have broken 8 studs in the past 4 months... ur gonna have to break it and replace the stud and the tuner lug... thats ur only option... its really easy... take off the caliper from the rotor and bang out the stud back and it should fall out... then put in the new stud, bang it in (easier to find a 19mm bolt and just tighten it all the way till it snaps in place.) and then put everything back... if u take it to a shop its 25 bucks to have em replaced...

but regardless ur gonna have to break the stud and replace it

how do i do this with out taking off the wheel?

im take a picture so you guys can tell what im dealing with

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stop over at his shop. Demand that he fix them and get some good lugs and might as well get all new studs if they're all stripping. Why exactly was he torquing them for you in the first place?

iam_nas

Reaction score
they're pretty deep in there...

cimg6173lq9.jpg

cimg6174qp5.jpg

cimg6177vw0.jpg

nyknick1015

Reaction score
oh thats gonna be hard... the only thing i can say is to bend the wheel out or take it to a wheel shop and have the lug torqued out... my rims dont have holes like that so mines is a bit diff... i just have wheel caps...

pattywak

Reaction score
I would say get your mechanic to fix it for real.
Also, why are Muteki lugs bad? I was thinking of getting some to replace the real ****ty tuner lugs Pep Boys put on when they mounted my wheels.

sonnyleq

Reaction score
Srry if i read this wrong, i jst skimmed it,

But i had the same problem, I overtorqued my Key when i had a flat.

I had a Set of muteki lugs/key Since my Key was broken, i just went to superautobacs, talked to them, and they said that most muteki keys are the same. So i just bought a new set of tuner lugs to use the key to remove my lugs.

If i read ur problem wrong, Im sorry :hide:

sonnyleq

Reaction score
Srry if i read this wrong, i jst skimmed it,

But i had the same problem, I overtorqued my Key when i had a flat.

I had a Set of muteki lugs/key Since my Key was broken, i just went to superautobacs, talked to them, and they said that most muteki keys are the same. So i just bought a new set of tuner lugs to use the key to remove my lugs.

If i read ur problem wrong, Im sorry :hide:

Back