help with wobbling

meximan16

Reaction score
so i feel like i've looked at everything. there is a wobbling felling when i press the gas going over 20mph. and when i let go it goes away. can anyone help?

meximan16

Reaction score
it's coming from the front drivers side,. am thinking my axle could be hitting something? it started worse yesterday when a stud broke. I replaced it today and no luck

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I would check your ball joint for sloppyness. Then go get an alinment check to start out with.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
HondaLuver83 said:
I would check your ball joint for sloppyness. Then go get an alinment check to start out with.

Yeah I'd also recomend to check your balljoints, especially the upper one. I think it might be caused from you being slammed to the ground and causing your balljoint to smack your strut tower all day.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
wobble while on the gas = axle. does it go away at higher speeds?

but...while youre under there, check every joint and bushing since that upper joint has got to be toast by now.

meximan16

Reaction score
lowers are good. the uppers look fine. and I just got an alignment a week ago so its not that. could the upper ball joint be bad without any signs of tearing? and this just recently started.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
unless the grease is gone (leaked out, torn boot, evaporated, melted, etc) OR its noisy OR the metal socket itself is broken, the ball joint is good. you could tell when its broken cause your wheel would end up inside or outside the fender :lawl: they just get replaced when they go bad...theres no "interval" like a timing belt or oil change.

meximan16

Reaction score
so I went to go drive around. now it online starts at 40 andgets worse at higher speed. btw my tires are balanced

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
any steering wheel wobble? or is it just on the one side of the car?

if the car is aligned, the tires balanced, the tie rods and ball joints and all other parts of the suspension are tight...then it could only be a couple things...

Back