Here's what I'm thinking...

Accord98Coupe

Reaction score
I have a cat back exhaust right now and i want to delete my mufflers. I'm thinking about taking off the y-pipe where the mufflers are connected and cutting off where the y-pipe bolts on. Where can i find a pipe for me to weld onto the part where i cut off? Thanks for all the help.

kn0x47

Reaction score
summit sells exhaust piping. unless you can weld, a muffler shop will be your better option

1slosedan

Reaction score
The OP is a little hard to read, but it sounds like your dumping your exhaust at the Y pipe? I have had to sawzall my exhaust off at that point once, because a wreck bent my muffler up into my bumper. Not only is it MUCH louder, but like these fellows said, you will lose a considerable amount of torque. To the point where it is noticeable.

If you are going for sound, and trying to maintain performance I recommend retaining your stock catalytic converter, purchasing a high flow resonator, and running 2.25 piping to a single muffler. That is what I am currently running and it is not loud (pending muffler, I am running a Apexi WS2), but it certainly has a growl, and you do not sacrifice power.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
you lose torque but gain top end...am i right??? but then again torque is better than top end if it's daily driven.

Back