Hey 6th gen famz!!! Need help pickn speakers..

Velaz009

Reaction score
Hey guys so its time for a new setup I guess I was drunk lastnight and I basically turned the bass level up too high...I blew my rear speakers they still play but you can hear they have a tear in them. So I am hear to find out what you guys reccomend. Basically I have two DB drive okur amps 1500 for highs and a monoblock 1200 watt for subs.. My subs are fine!!!! The speakers I have now are loud!!!! They are O2 oxygen speakers better than emenense speakers but they can not handle any type of bass at all!!!! So Im thinking JL audio c2 all the way around just because its a good brand but maybe some of you audio heads can steer me into a good direction thanks!!
Here are my preferences Loud and something that can handle bass... So I can play some dubstep :badger:... lol

schmiddr2

Reaction score
I don't use rear speakers and I think they are only good to make it louder.

As for which speakers to get, that is a matter of what you want them to sound like and your budget.

A HPF of 80Hz is generally a good safe crossover frequency. If you are putting lots of power to them then 100HZ might be better for you.

Velaz009

Reaction score
It was a mistake on my behalf I had my music turned all the way up and instead of turning the subwoofer level up I turned the speakers up. To make it worse I have bass blockers and It still didnt help!!! :wtf1: ................ BTW thanks guys for the info but I know I can just go to crutchfield and order speakers Im just looking for recommendations as to good brands and what not... I have no price range !!! Just not something way too expensive like $200 a speaker lol.. My speakers now cost me $95 each.. Competition o2 speakers..

Velaz009

Reaction score
Im thinking JL audio c2's but Im scared they might not be as loud as what I am use too... And thanks for the fast response this is why I love this sight!!!

Velaz009

Reaction score
Thanks schmiddr2 I might try that component system... looks like a good setup

Simkid5614

Reaction score
Back