Hey guys!

Bond4387

Reaction score
Ok. I've searched it and still don't get it. What's blackhousing? (I know, I'm an idiot, but I'm trying to learn)

nexTOme

Reaction score
Ok. I've searched it and still don't get it. What's blackhousing? (I know, I'm an idiot, but I'm trying to learn)

when you look at our headlight, there are 3 major components....

reflectors-literally thing that reflects your light......it is located right behind the light bulbs.....looks somewhat like a bowl....

housing....it is a chrome part that divides low beam/high beam...located between reflector and headlight cover....

headlight cover-the most outer thing you see when you look at headlight....sometimes referred to it by lense.....the clear plastic thing.....

hope it helps :D

truonghthe

Reaction score

Welcome to the forum if you can get it DIY (Do It Yourself) then do it if not just simply purchase a set from ebay and it look like pic below. I would tell you go on ebay also and buy those CAI (cold air intake) that can be SRI (short ram intake) also, and replace the filter with K&N one that all. I guarantee you gona love the sound of it ever time the car pass 3.5K RPM, and if that not enough for you then you should get a Apexi WS2 catback exhaust system with DC header to make the best sound lol.

98_accord_headlights_bk_ks.jpg

Bond4387

Reaction score
Ok, I'm gonna try real hard and not sound retarded: I have no idea what blackhousing does to a headlight. Does it darken the lens? Or change the color of the chromed part? Or am I just baking it to loosen the unit so i can take it apart and color whatever parts I'd like? The only useful things I could find while searching here was using an oven compared to a heat gun, but I ultimately don't understand what blackhousing does!

I'm really sorry for sounding like an idiot, but I just wanna get this out of the way haha.

truonghthe

Reaction score
^^^you just try to figure out if your head light look like the pic above, they just for show look only like custom made they won't affect your light at all.

nexTOme

Reaction score
black hosing is done only for looks....doesnt do n e thing...does nto dim your headlight...

to do it, yes you do need to take your headlight apart.....there are two ways to do it....oven/heatgun...yes..

and no, you dont have to be sorry about n e thing...we all started from same place.......:D

nexTOme

Reaction score
oh and also....our OEM honda headlight is the best in terms of light out put....even oem replacement is not as good as our oem.....there's no need to discuss n e halos out there...because they are simply garbage...i had them...out put was horrible.....

if you live in state where they are anal about smog checking, i suggest you to get authentic intake/exhaust/headers stuff.....i mean authentic by aem/DC sports/greddy/apexi so and so forth...these come with CARB certification which is almost only way out from cop's harasment if you were pulled over.....

other states, from my knowledge, is pretty loose on these.....best bang for your buck for intake is what person above me has said....ebay intake + k&n filter is the way to go....GL with everything bro :D

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
now that is some serious welcoming goin on....im sure after three pages u see that this site is very helpful...welcome to 6GA mah man

nexTOme

Reaction score
serious welcomin deserves some rep i think.....:hihi:

Back