HomerJay's 2001 Accord Coupe EX (56K) [UPDATED 9/30/2018!!]

Yogi

Reaction score
ouch, that hurts... i would of cryed if something happen like that to me..... i almost got killed getting sidewipped though lol

but yeah looks good now! good like w/ everything else :)

HomerJay

Reaction score
Yogi said:
ouch, that hurts... i would of cryed if something happen like that to me..... i almost got killed getting sidewipped though lol

but yeah looks good now! good like w/ everything else :)
I see your car is in repairs now...the end of May can't come soon enough, I'm sure. I hope you're okay, too?

HomerJay

Reaction score
Accord98 said:
like ur blue led
Thanks! I'm liking it more and more now. I thought it might be over the top but the white indicators look nice with the blue icons. I still have the window switch remaining...just received the parts last night. Looks like I'll have no choice but to work on her again this weekend... :D

HomerJay

Reaction score
Now I finally feel like I've got a different Accord... :thumbsup: ...this past weekend I painted my headlights. I used a pretty flat black engine paint. Overall, I'm happy with the change. The first time I saw this mod, I liked it!... :D ...why one single orange stripe on my car???... :confused:

Before:
20070521-01.jpg

I masked the back of the reflector for the turn signal light:
20070521-02.jpg

Nice!!... :thumbsup:
20070521-03.jpg

I'm using the Silverstar Signal bulbs. These bulbs have a slight mirrored finish...they're not orange...
20070521-04.jpg

...unless they're on. Lights on, getting dark:
20070521-05.jpg

Last edited:

j_man_honda

Reaction score
Re: HomerJay's 2001 Accord Coupe EX (56K) [UPDATED 6/2!!]

Good to see that your ride is fixed. Just don't park near any trees, bushes, mulch, flowerbeds, etc.:hihi:LOL. Rims look great too by the way.

HomerJay

Reaction score

Good to see that your ride is fixed. Just don't park near any trees, bushes, mulch, flowerbeds, etc.:hihi:LOL. Rims look great too by the way.
Thanks! It is nice to have her back...:)

I've definitely been a little more cautious where I parking...;)

The only problem with the rims is I now need a new suspension...D'OH!

lyttleviet

Reaction score

:(.. glad shes back.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score

Thats an awesome car bro, glad to see its out of the shop, and getting the love it needs. BTW, I am totally diggin' those guages!

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score

lol, yeah I remember how happy I was when I finally blackhoused my headlights, ever since its like the first thing I suggest people should do when they start messing around with their accords.

question about the gauges - it looks like you have really bad hot spotting on the needles - is it really that bad at night or is it just some weird camera setting? also how long did it take you to solder in all the led's, and how small were your soldering points? I'm not exactly a surgeon with a soldering iron lol

As far as springs/ new suspension goes, it really is quite easy to do. If you want to take it easy and do it over a weekend, you can, but really for most people who have a ratchet set, a good jack, and some jackstands, even by yourself it should only take you like 4-6 hours. When I put my coilovers on, I had some help from a few guys that had done it before - and with no compressor, and with having to re-use my OEM topmounts it took less than 2 hours start to finish - including a break to get food lol.

Trickiest part isn't unbolting anything, but rather wrestling the shocks out of the wheel wells imo. That's the part where it helps most to have someone help out, so they can step down on the rotor while you're wiggling the SOB outta there.

Back