How inches on coilovers translate to drop height

99accord boi

Reaction score
You can safely run -3 to -4 camber and get decent tire wear, as long as your toe is in spec. It's a common misconception that camber by itself will destroy your tires. It's the combination of camber and toe. If you monitor your tire wear and flip them or rotate them appropriately you will get a good amount of life out of them, assuming you have gotten an alignment after you've lowered the car.

I'm dropped to the point where my rears are about -3.8 right now and my Hankook Ventus V12s still have tread on them after a year and a half of driving.

kevin do u know the treadwear rating on ur tires
i wanna switch my tires but my achilies are soo damn good

001Stunna

Reaction score
You can safely run -3 to -4 camber and get decent tire wear, as long as your toe is in spec. It's a common misconception that camber by itself will destroy your tires. It's the combination of camber and toe. If you monitor your tire wear and flip them or rotate them appropriately you will get a good amount of life out of them, assuming you have gotten an alignment after you've lowered the car.

I'm dropped to the point where my rears are about -3.8 right now and my Hankook Ventus V12s still have tread on them after a year and a half of driving.

You can run -3/4 camber and possibly be ok with tires if you go and flip and rotate them frequently...calling it safe is a whole other story

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
kevin do u know the treadwear rating on ur tires
i wanna switch my tires but my achilies are soo damn good
Both my Nitto NeoGens and Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110s are 280 treadwear. I would say going with a better brand tire would be a worthy investment. My former coworker ran some Achilles tires on his E46 touring and the entire tire just ripped apart.
You can run -3/4 camber and possibly be ok with tires if you go and flip and rotate them frequently...calling it safe is a whole other story
What's unsafe about -3 or -4 camber? I don't see the connection lol.

I run that exact setup on 18x9.5s with 215/40/18s stretched over them with zero issues. 60 mile commute per day, five days a week excluding wherever I go on weekends.

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
You're doing this the wrong way (for future reference since i know you are selling your coilovers)

I did the same mistake, when i was trying to lower my car, i was thinking about it in the same way as you but I found a better/faster way.

1) Slam your cars coilovers as low as you can
2) Obviously if you cant remove the jack you need to do two things
a) raise the coilovers
b) use a lower profile jack (the only thing that fits under my car is a scissor jack)
3) Drive around for a couple days
4) If you are scraping/rubbing, raise the coilovers one turn at a time
5) Once you find the lowest acceptable height, then adjust the front and rear coilovers so it looks right ( in my car I raised the rear a bit so its slightly higher than the front)
6) Get an alignment

Last edited:

99accord boi

Reaction score
What Achilles are you using?
im running achilies atr sport
Both my Nitto NeoGens and Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110s are 280 treadwear. I would say going with a better brand tire would be a worthy investment. My former coworker ran some Achilles tires on his E46 touring and the entire tire just ripped apart.

What's unsafe about -3 or -4 camber? I don't see the connection lol.

I run that exact setup on 18x9.5s with 215/40/18s stretched over them with zero issues. 60 mile commute per day, five days a week excluding wherever I go on weekends.

ok thanks and my achillies are fine they have a bad speed rating i think thats why they ripped appart but ive picked mine up to 125 mph no problems till this day

Back