How inches on coilovers translate to drop height

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^ I will not get a 3-4 inch drop?

No, you can get that drop, you will more than likely need a camber kit, is what I'm saying.

With that type of a drop and depending on your wheel size, you may have rubbing issues on your suspension so you would need a camber kit.

nabwong

Reaction score
Gotcha. I guess I will put the coilovers on and then drive about a week or 2 before alignment and see how I feel about the camber.

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
What are your rim specs? (offset too)
But yeah it is much easier to preset before you put them on.
Just lower your coilover an inch from where it is now and put them on to see how you like it.
Post up a picture of your strut. It might help me out to help you out lol.

nabwong

Reaction score
At work. Can't post pics and I'm going to the shop to get it done later today hopefully. Basically it's set at 3 inches between the spring lock and the red base lock.

I'll probably take the stock strut put and then compare it to the height of the coilovers and try to make adjustments then.

001Stunna

Reaction score
At work. Can't post pics and I'm going to the shop to get it done later today hopefully. Basically it's set at 3 inches between the spring lock and the red base lock.

I'll probably take the stock strut put and then compare it to the height of the coilovers and try to make adjustments then.

That would only work if you're comparing a stock spring with a stock spring i would think. I would say start of with 25% of the threaded body inside the lower mount and go from there. (hence 75% of the body being out and unthreaded).

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
We need to know the specs of your wheels to know if you will have rubbing issues or not...Rubbing depends on your wheel specs and how low you are.

I'm at about 23" all around and I don't rub with 17x7 at plus 42 offset. Honestly dude, we can give you an idea of what might happen, but it is largely based off of experience and trial and error.

nabwong

Reaction score
We need to know the specs of your wheels to know if you will have rubbing issues or not...Rubbing depends on your wheel specs and how low you are.

I'm at about 23" all around and I don't rub with 17x7 at plus 42 offset. Honestly dude, we can give you an idea of what might happen, but it is largely based off of experience and trial and error.

Thanks dude. Yeah, I realize every car and situation will be a little different. I'm using stock steelies at the moment. Waiting for the current tires to wear. I already bought some 17x7 rims. I think the offset is around 40. Will need to get new 215/45/17 tires. Not in a hurry until my current stock tires wear though.

Back