How inches on coilovers translate to drop height

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
you are going to be sunken in with those weak offsets. You can slam to the ground without ever rubbing with a 215/45 tire and a 17x7 wheel

nabwong

Reaction score
I'm looking at a 3 to 3.5 inch difference pre install. Doing the install now

a6937b17-d78a-fb0a.jpg

a6937b17-d79b-cb47.jpg

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
you are going to be sunken in with those weak offsets. You can slam to the ground without ever rubbing with a 215/45 tire and a 17x7 wheel

HAHAHAHA +1

I'm looking at a 3 to 3.5 inch difference pre install. Doing the install now

a6937b17-d78a-fb0a.jpg

Do about another half inch and you should be pretty good.
Like Matt said, you won't rub AT ALL

nabwong

Reaction score
So I lost 3 inches on the front. I'm scared. Someone hold my hand. Lol. I took a test drive with just the fronts installed and it felt great. Now for the rear.

a6937b12-e705-04b5.jpg

nabwong

Reaction score
The rear ones have a 5 inch difference but the thread length on the ff1 is the same as the fronts. hope this doesn't mean I have a 5 inch drop. Stay tuned.

a6937b17-ec4a-10dc.jpg

a6937b17-ec56-c8e4.jpg

nabwong

Reaction score
So the inches in the back did not translate pre-install. The difference was 5 inches but the drop was 3 inches. I guess the stock springs are too soft.

Final short. Perfectly level. 3 inch drop.

a6937b10-f1de-bf73.jpg

nabwong

Reaction score
Thanks. I need to take better pics.

Initial review. Wow. I should have done this a long time ago. Love the stiffness. Handling is better. Body roll is eliminated. Smooth on highway.

The only thing is, there is some slight rattle on small bumps at low speed. At higher speeds over the same or even bigger bumps, it's silent. So I went over some cobblestone roads. Really bumpy. Guess that is expected cos of stiffness.

Since the coilovers are used, I hope it's just taking its time to break in again and hope the "rattle" goes away. Anyone with the same issue? It's still really stiff, just the noise.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
You will not get a 3"-4" drop and NOT need a camber kit.

If you aren't concerned about your tire wear, then sure, don't bother with a kit.

You might not be happy with how it sits with that type of a drop though and no camber kit.
You can safely run -3 to -4 camber and get decent tire wear, as long as your toe is in spec. It's a common misconception that camber by itself will destroy your tires. It's the combination of camber and toe. If you monitor your tire wear and flip them or rotate them appropriately you will get a good amount of life out of them, assuming you have gotten an alignment after you've lowered the car.

I'm dropped to the point where my rears are about -3.8 right now and my Hankook Ventus V12s still have tread on them after a year and a half of driving.

Back