How much do you spend on other hobbies?

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Photography and Cycling are my two biggest right now. I've spent quite a bit on my camera and setup, and then a bunch on cycling, and included in that is my roof rack too (employee discounts ftmfw)

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
other hobbies? :thinking:

used to be lots of video games, but full-time job and gf have completely taken away from that...

my other hobbies are just playing sports, which doesn't really cost me much anymore.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
ive been snowboarding for about 3 years now so thats where all my winter money goes. Its an addicting but expensive and fun habit. I have never bought season passes so its about 30-50 each time i go unless is a flex day. Ive spent countless money going.

i also started to BMX ride but that didnt get far. My friend gave me his bike that he wasnt using so ive been riding for a while, its just its hard and also to find places to ride with out the hassle..

Also i am learning to be a videographer so thats another expensive habit. Professional video camera which ive been loaning for a while cost more than 3 grand if i want my own and then there is the hardware and software that goes along with it that ran me a couple hundred bucks already

Last edited:

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
cycling = ~$1200
snowboarding = ~$500 (most of my big trips and gear was a birthday/christmas present)
fencing = $225

cycling is the main drain on my bank account because of the maintenance but i'm still ****ing addicted

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
cycling = ~$1200
snowboarding = ~$500 (most of my big trips and gear was a birthday/christmas present)
fencing = $225

cycling is the main drain on my bank account because of the maintenance but i'm still ****ing addicted

Oh yeah you do fencing?

A friend of mine has done fencing for a long time on the national level, it's pretty insane stuff.

As for hobbies..
Mostly my car = $$$
Getting exercise
Other recreational activities which require $..

Not much else.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
Aside from my car, I'm a poet. So it does not really cost a lot to buy a pen and paper, but I love books so I would year annually I'd spend anywhere from $300-$500 on books. Then there is music, so I'd spend about $200-$500 on albums depending on the year.

As far as the car hobby goes, I am not sure. I recently got into road racing so track fees and safety equipment have so far cost me around $1500 give or take. I'm heading over to RallyCross and plan on buying a beater for $300 by the end of the year. So take that into consideration.

Like qwerty said, just dream and do.

Raymond

Reaction score
Car mods, car detailing, and photography have been my three main hobbies the last few years.

I won't even try to list out my detailing supplies, I'd be here all day, and since we're not talking about car mods in this thread I won't go into that either. haha

Photography though --

$488 - Canon EOS Rebel XT (w/ kit lens and 2GB compact flash, etc)
$65 - Sunpak 6600DX tripod
$45 - Canon large camera bag
$23 - two extra batteries
$120 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS lens

+ my film camera, since I'm taking photography at school now --

$140 - Nikon N65 SLR camera (with 28-80 Nikkor lens)
$30 - lab fees + lab coat haha
$100 - Ilford Pro film, Ilford Multigrade paper, film sheets, etc etc

Much more to come! :rofl:

6genaccord

Reaction score
estimates of my 2 biggest hobbies aside from my car in the last 5 years

-surfing (boards and equipment)- >$7,000

-car estimate is somewhere here

-music (instruments and equipment... cause i download!!!!) - about $4,000

:fail:

NASOHC

Reaction score
Where to start???? LOL
Besides my NA build, currently over $1000 invested...

1. Percussion Drummer - I play Congas mostly but also drums, bongos, djemlbles etc.
2. Mountain Biking - My bike is older now but I spent over $3000 on it
3. RC car - over $600 invested, electric 1/18 scale over 55 mph!

Next Hobby up on the list; I'm looking into building a custom powered Honda Sand Rail for next season.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
i don't even spend money on my car anymore...right now i am up to about a grand in bike stuff and thats with my discount..then probably 1500+ in photography stuff..then about 1700 on my AR15

Back