How much is this gonna cost me to fix?

2fast4all

Reaction score
To make it short: I hit someone on the way to work (I took a BIG beating) while the person I hit took off very fast (most likely no license or insurance). Called the cops and my insurance agent, they couldn't do anything since there was no evidence. I'm on my own now..

SOO how much is this gonna run me? Thats included new parts, paint, labor, tax, etc. Or just give it away since it looks salvage now. Its pretty bad IMO..Its still drivable but it feels different (just slightly) .

It JUST HIT 100k miles!!

and getting a new car is another story.

DSCN1065.jpg

DSCN1066.jpg

DSCN1067.jpg

DSCN1068.jpg

DSCN1069.jpg

DSCN1070.jpg

DSCN1071.jpg

DSCN1074.jpg

Last edited:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
it does not look good bro cuz of hood latch seems bent back alot along with the upper rad support?

tunerbum147

Reaction score
it doesnt look good. from what i see can see this is what im saying.

new hood
new bumper
new headlights
radiator support
bumper beam
probably radiator
brackets under headlights

and thats just a rough look. i do work at a body shop and have for several years. you really gotta take it to a shop and get an estimate so they can get a good look at all the damage behind the bumper and all. it will be a couple grand im thinking.

sorry to hear this. hope your okay and good luck. hope it all works out.

2fast4all

Reaction score
it does not look good bro cuz of hood latch seems bent back a lot along with the upper rad support?
It is...I literally spend 15 minutes trying to open up the hood again with a flat head....

latch is busted..period, I have zip ties to keep the sucker down for now since I still have to go to work tomorrow.

@tunerbum147: Thanks!! I'm gonna go to a body shop this weekend and see what they estimate..

and yes people I'm okay, though been in shock all day

Last edited:

ptran4o9

Reaction score
new hood $300-$500
new bumper painted $300
new headlight $50-$100
new headlight brackets - $100
that all i know of from prices i can think of
and the middle thing im not sure

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
definitely repairable...price wise, it doesn't look good. so who was at fault anyway? if it was your fault and he ran off would it be better to not call as your rates will probably go up.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
To make it short: I hit someone on the way to work (I took a BIG beating) while the person I hit took off very fast (most likely no license or insurance). Called the cops and my insurance agent, they couldn't do anything since there was no evidence. I'm on my own now..

Regardless if they had a license or not or whatever, you hit them= you are at fault

SOO how much is this gonna run me?

Gonna near 2k or so dude. New hood, bumper, headlight, headlight brackets, rad support, and whatever other damage you can't see in the pics

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Hey dude don't worry about it, everything is going to be ok. Do you live in SoCal? If you do, I got a family friend who owns a body shop. My family goes back with him since the 70's. If you live in SoCal I can hook you up. PM me if you live by 626 area...

2fast4all

Reaction score
definitely repairable...price wise, it doesn't look good. so who was at fault anyway? if it was your fault and he ran off would it be better to not call as your rates will probably go up.
I did call but they said its like nothing happen, there no point to file a claim or such...

Hey dude don't worry about it, everything is going to be ok. Do you live in SoCal? If you do, I got a family friend who owns a body shop. My family goes back with him since the 70's. If you live in SoCal I can hook you up. PM me if you live by 626 area...
949, but thanks though..

@fastflyinaccord: I learn my lesson..

Back