How to clean under the hood

dynasty

Reaction score
what i did was cover the air intake filter (if you have an aftermarket), cover my battery and terminals, fuse box, and other electrical stuff. and make sure the vacuum line does not have any leaks. after that, like Crono139 said, simple green FTW! REMEMBER, NOT TO USE HIGH PRESSURE WATER HOSE! use the normal garden hose from your house. after that, if you have some kind of huge brush or rag, just clean it. if you just put simple green and rinse it, there's still particles of dust in it. but good luck cleaning it and not flooding your engine. =]

GreddyAccord99

Reaction score
what i did was cover the air intake filter (if you have an aftermarket), cover my battery and terminals, fuse box, and other electrical stuff. and make sure the vacuum line does not have any leaks. after that, like Crono139 said, simple green FTW! REMEMBER, NOT TO USE HIGH PRESSURE WATER HOSE! use the normal garden hose from your house. after that, if you have some kind of huge brush or rag, just clean it. if you just put simple green and rinse it, there's still particles of dust in it. but good luck cleaning it and not flooding your engine. =]

well, this is a lil funny, i tried this already and it didnt really work. and i put a ton of simple green all over. (of course i covered electricals) but it didnt really clean much...:icon_toilet:

osiriskidd

Reaction score
1.warm up your car so the needle's a little pass C.
2.spray simple green. don't be stingy. wipe/scrub where grime is sticking. i honestly never had a problem with electricals and i never covered them.
3. let it sit 10-20 minutes.
4. spray off with water. (spray bottle, garden hose, but use a rain/shower type of setting). don't flood the thing.
5. let the car idle and then drive it around.
6. let it cool and repeat if needed/wanted. wipe down with any shine applicant if you want.

Last edited:

dynasty

Reaction score
well, this is a lil funny, i tried this already and it didnt really work. and i put a ton of simple green all over. (of course i covered electricals) but it didnt really clean much...:icon_toilet:

did you actually scrub the surface or did you just put simple green and rinse? you have to scrub it! haha.

if that didn't work, here's a trick i've learn from dealership. they have those tire shine foam spray. they spray it and wipe it down. that's how it shine. it works too but it's greasy so i don't really use it as much.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
in addition to autopia's way...get a couple cheap cans of brake cleaner for dirt/grim build up on the engine/tranny....that stuff makes life alot easier....

GreddyAccord99

Reaction score
did you actually scrub the surface or did you just put simple green and rinse? you have to scrub it! haha.

if that didn't work, here's a trick i've learn from dealership. they have those tire shine foam spray. they spray it and wipe it down. that's how it shine. it works too but it's greasy so i don't really use it as much.

i jus sprayed and rinsed, lol. i'll definately be sure to scrub next time. any suggestions on the best thing to scrub with?

that's what i did. used plastic bags to cover my intake and battery.

u covered ur battery? my battery is filthy on top. did u cover the alternator and cap and plug wires?

Back