How to clean under the hood

98cg

Reaction score
personally i like to shoot off all the grime and dirt with degreasers...and then cover the electrical stuff like the alternator, spark plugs, distributers, hid ballasts, intake filters,..etc...

and then shoot it down with a high pressure water hose

dry and wipe down after...

drey

Reaction score
this is a scary procedure i would like to try this summer.

so most important is to cover the air filter vent, engine because of spark plugs and distributor?

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
dumb question maybe, but what if you have coil packs instead of plugs... do you still need to cover those areas??

yes i'm a noob about engine stuff :dunce:

JDMaccord2K

Reaction score
here at my job, we use degreaser, a pressure washer, and armor all for the finishing touch lolol

98cg

Reaction score
cover as much of the electrical stuff as possible, and things that arent suppose to be wet..
and then spray down

PROJECT H

Reaction score
+1 to w.e 98cg said...

engine degreasers... cover battery... alt.... uh... dist/rotor w.e its called.... and intake.

i didnt cover my dist & rotor stuff... cuz i forgot... and my car was fine... but its better to not take any chances...

spray and let it sit.. wait for liek 15 mins... then spray w/ water and turn the engine on to dry.

Last edited:

mxjoe388

Reaction score
the olny addittion i can recomend is when ur done use cd-2 it will make everything shine.u spray it on everything under the hood let it sit for 20 min warm ur car up and drive for 20 min

Back