I got crickets in my transmission!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Yes, you heard right. The typical cricket sounds coming from your manual transmission when your clutch is not engaged. It started 2 months ago, today I just tightened the clutch pedal a tad and it went away for now....

I only have 3,500 miles on my trans swap, the clutch is running great. Is this a typical throw out bearing problem or something else? Like a clutch fork or something?

I need to know if I should keep driving my car, or pull the tranny out and see whats up.

Chime in guys, I need help deciding and advice. :usa:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
happens when the clutch is NOT engaged? Mine happens when Im releasing it with equal or less gas my squeals..Took it to the shop who did my stage3 install and said its perfectly normal.so i gotta deal with my car squeaking till i burn a brand new clutch up. :furious:

finch13

Reaction score
Probably the pilot bushing in the flywheel. It keeps the input shaft of the tranny from walking around and it's not a bearing. I would just deal with it and replace the flywheel next time you do a clutch.

Lube everything! Clutch fork, TO bearing face, input shaft splines for clutch disc to slide on, input shaft nose and pilot bushing hole. My personal favorite is Bendix CeramLub and I'm fairly certain it's the same lube they send with ACT clutch kits.

bendix.jpg

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here my friends called me nuts for lubing every bolt I take out and put back in...

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
The flywheel they said its brand new. Is it going to damage the input shaft if I keep driving? Currently there is no sound.

Here my friends called me nuts for lubing every bolt I take out and put back in...

Yeah, it's a smart thing to do.

Last edited:

chrismister2k1

Reaction score
Most likely it the throw out bearing I got the same noise when I used to have my prelude. I wouldn't recommed driving like that because I did and the clutch ended up gettin messed up but since u said it stopped since u tightened it just wait and it the noise comes back the take the tranny out

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
It shouldn't, but if you're capable it would be smarter to take a weekend and do it right.

I was gonna do it when I get around to it. I only drive the accord like 400 miles a month to work and back. Im busy with my other car and a warped head. :mad:

None the less, thanks for the advice guys :thumbsup:

Back