i need a DIY

halfpinoythug

Reaction score
on cleaning pulleys. its because of my dirty pulleys that my belts squeak. so if anyone here can help me out that'd be great!

chaby_91

Reaction score
LOL @ muffler bearing! Don't do this to him!

As for your squeaking, this is probably only the tension of the belts that's too low. I never heard of any pulley cleaning...

Look at the first 45 sec of this video, then start again at 12:05. This will show you which bolts to loosen in order to tighten your belts.... you can clean your pulleys if you want too lol

Edit : I somehow assumed you have an i4, otherwise, I can't help lol

Last edited:

halfpinoythug

Reaction score
thats what i thought but the tension of my belts is where it needs to be. my pulleys are dirty from using belt dressings over the years

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I recommend loosening the components, taking belts off, and cleaning pulleys by hand with a strong solution. Make sure the belts are clean too, then re-install the hardware.

halfpinoythug

Reaction score
thats what i was thinkin, but ive never done this before so im lookin for guidance/ a diy or somethin

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Just look down there and look at the bolts, use a ratchet to loosen the corresponding bolts. Shouldn't be hard to identify which ones they are. To tighten them back and get the proper tension you need, use a crowbar to apply that to the needed component by using leverage, and tighten the bolts back up while applying that tension. If the belts squeak, they may be too loose or too tight, so adjust them accordingly using the described methods.

This should be as good as a DIY for ya!

Back