I Need Help: Tein S. tech or Eibach Prokit

Which Spring Set Should I Buy?

• Total voters

Raymond

Reaction score
I've got the S-tech's on Tokico Blues and I'm loving the drop, ride, and handling. You should come out to Towers again one night, so you could see it, come for a ride, whatever.

confuseid

Reaction score
holy god everyone is so pro-coilover.

which coilover kits ARE NOT more bumpy/rough than a good spring/strut combo?

I highly doubt I'll be racing anybody in my pathetic 170 horsepower family sedan. Or whatever it is.

Not to say coilover kits aren't amazing, but it's just that I highly doubt I'll need what they offer. Someone please refute my comments, I need to learn more about this subject before I put my money into my suspension.
Which will happen in the next 5 days hopefully.

Raymond

Reaction score
The coil-over bandwagon really has gotten old. Yes, they're great. No, everyone and their mother who daily drives their Accords wants or needs them. The whole "springs aren't low enough" and "you're wasting your time" attitude is really annoying IMO.

If you want to go all out, spend a lot of money in the process, have a suspension set-up capable of multiple adjustments including being able to put your car on the ground - then yes, by all means save up your money and buy a full coil-over system.

If you want to lower your car on a budget, without needing the adjustability or the so-called bragging rights, then a quality spring/strut/shock combo will be perfect for your needs.

That is all.

iam_nas

Reaction score
holy god everyone is so pro-coilover.

which coilover kits ARE NOT more bumpy/rough than a good spring/strut combo?

I highly doubt I'll be racing anybody in my pathetic 170 horsepower family sedan. Or whatever it is.

Not to say coilover kits aren't amazing, but it's just that I highly doubt I'll need what they offer. Someone please refute my comments, I need to learn more about this subject before I put my money into my suspension.
Which will happen in the next 5 days hopefully.

buy them from me :)

trevendous03

Reaction score
The coil-over bandwagon really has gotten old. Yes, they're great. No, everyone and their mother who daily drives their Accords wants or needs them. The whole "springs aren't low enough" and "you're wasting your time" attitude is really annoying IMO.

If you want to go all out, spend a lot of money in the process, have a suspension set-up capable of multiple adjustments including being able to put your car on the ground - then yes, by all means save up your money and buy a full coil-over system.

If you want to lower your car on a budget, without needing the adjustability or the so-called bragging rights, then a quality spring/strut/shock combo will be perfect for your needs.

That is all.

Hey Ray... you know I love you, man. I'm gonna have to put in my two cents though. I have had experience with both springs+shocks and coilovers, and by far, coilovers are worth the extra $$$. There's nothing like it!

Don't get me wrong, I loved the suspension I sold you, and the rebound was pretty good, but you haven't lived until you've tried coilovers. Plus they're small and pretty. I understand the fear of not wanting to drop so low when a daily driver though. I'm a daily driver, and I ride Stage 1 (about 3" lowered) but I wanna go lower. The stance is so much cleaner with coilovers than with springs imo. Springs still leave too much to be desired. They're fine for most ppl though. I'm glad you still enjoy the suspension I sold you, man. Car looks great!

Btw, there is no way you'll rub with a 2" drop, so originator of this thread, no worries there.

Back