I Need Help: Tein S. tech or Eibach Prokit

Which Spring Set Should I Buy?

• Total voters

cliffsta

Reaction score
setup time and harsher ride is just a bad excuse for not saving up for coilovers IMO .

Those are both excellent reasons not to buy coilovers. Since I'm having a shop install my suspension, setup time = more $$$... and since not all of us are Racer Rick, soft ride is imparative. Harsher ride is not a trait I'd prefer. But to each his own :)

6thgenGerardoh1

Reaction score
i'm happy with s. techs right now but sometimes i wish that i saved up for coils for a more aggresive look. Depending on how much you spend on the coils you can have a smooth ride not all coils are rough and harsh IMO

okasu

Reaction score
I have Tein coil overs but out here in NYC the potholes are so bad that my ride isn't as slammed as I want it to be. It's lower than average but not slammed! The only reason I got them is because I had gotten a sweet deal on them from a member on another forum. I have no complaints with them. I do adjust the height from time to time which is a good luxury to have.

tnguyen600

Reaction score
wow, you want everything...aggressive look, capable of driving 5 people and carry 2-12" subs WITHOUT rubbing lol

if thats everything that you want, dont get s-techs. Be patience and have discipline. save up money for some Tein basics. its only ride height adjst. With the Tein SS kit, you can adjst the damper (how hard or soft) but its a lil more expensive. not that much more.

IMO, if your gonna do it up, do it up big. make no regrets. Think down the road...are you gonna keep this car for a while, is this just to fcuk around with until you buy a new car, etc. ask yourself these questions. If this is a car that you plan on keeping for a while, then most likely, you'll want to upgrade later on down the road. Save yourself the installation cost and just do it all now. Plus, if you have springs installed, they're gonna have to remove the current shocks so that they can replace the springs. Installation cost for springs vs. coilovers are gonna be similar. might as well put in something awesome.

I duno about the Eibach Pro springs themselves, but i hear the pro KIT is pretty wack.

Good luck with your decision!

ps. get coilovers haha

talontsiawd

Reaction score
you mean some of you just want to get it done with for a cheaper price. i mean who doesn't want adjustaibility? setup time and harsher ride is just a bad excuse for not saving up for coilovers IMO but hey it's not my car. good luck..

but between the two i'd go for stechs just because they look better and still offer a decent ride from what i hear.

I don't know about setup time but for me, i think the difference in cost and getting a spring with the drop you want as well as the ride you want is a very reasonable excuse for not saving. I love the ride on my prokits combined with prodampers, it cost me significantly less and gave me the drop i wanted when i bought them. I'm now thinking about going lower but i didn't think i would own the car this long. If i do, i'm going with sportlines. A well matched spring and shock combo, if not too aggressive and fits both what you want in a drop and ride is a very good choice imo. I kind of feel like coilovers are the new "trend" in suspension and they make sence for slamming your car but may not offer a huge advantage to those who just want a good drop from stock.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
if i get the tein basic kit will i have to change the shocks

If you get Tein Basics??

I'm going to ask you to go to the Tein site, do a little research on what the Tein Basics actually are, and answer your own question.

Should take you no more than 5 min.

dynasty

Reaction score
i have pro-kits on stock struts and it's good quality! pretty nice. i love it! not sure about s-techs

Back