Innovative Mounts

cvjoint

Reaction score
There are 3 mounts that I know of: driver's, passenger's and the back mount. The back one is the mounts you can not see from the engine bay, you have to go under the car. I was only able to mount 3 of the bolts on that one with some serious effort. Then again it could be because my driver's side is mounted with a bracket and it sits like ****. :furious: So I don't know what the deal is if some of you got it to work perfectly with the H22, maybe Innovative has the right parts they just can't box them correctly for the life of them.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
so the rear mount, the hydraulic one ... is the one that gets replaced? ... there is no information on the innovative catalog on what mounts it comes ... driver side was easy to figure out and passenger as well ... so from what your saying is that the last motor mount replaces the rear hydraulic mount and not the the front one near the header? ... :confused:

cvjoint

Reaction score
so the rear mount, the hydraulic one ... is the one that gets replaced? ... there is no information on the innovative catalog on what mounts it comes ... driver side was easy to figure out and passenger as well ... so from what your saying is that the last motor mount replaces the rear hydraulic mount and not the the front one near the header? ... :confused:

that's correct, the front one is just a stopper. Most of the weight is on the other three.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
that's correct, the front one is just a stopper. Most of the weight is on the other three.

lmao wow that would have been nice to know when i was trying to install them ... i'm gonna try it again when i get better ... thanks for all the info ... and charlie i sent the email already

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
any tips on changing the rear? i took a look at it yesterday and just walked away ... i've never changed the rear motor mount with the motor still in a car :fail:

HomerJay

Reaction score
I replaced my clutch today. In the process, I was going to change out the transmission (passenger) side mount with the one I ordered from Innovative. It would not fit at all!

Did the top part of the flange (where there's one bolt) sit flat against your car body? Either they sent me a mismatched kit or my car is different than the one they used to create these mounts. Do you happen to have pictures of your passenger mount installed? Thanks!!

Edit: I just realized this is the Product Review Forum. If this is the wrong place, please advise. I figure the OP was having issues with getting one of the mounts to fit and thought I'd ask since they didn't have problems with the mount with which I am having issues.

Last edited:

NASOHC

Reaction score
I replaced my clutch today. In the process, I was going to change out the transmission (passenger) side mount with the one I ordered from Innovative. It would not fit at all!

Did the top part of the flange (where there's one bolt) sit flat against your car body? Either they sent me a mismatched kit or my car is different than the one they used to create these mounts. Do you happen to have pictures of your passenger mount installed? Thanks!!

Edit: I just realized this is the Product Review Forum. If this is the wrong place, please advise. I figure the OP was having issues with getting one of the mounts to fit and thought I'd ask since they didn't have problems with the mount with which I am having issues.

They don't really use a car - I gave them brand new OE Honda mounts and I installed the prototypes in before the final ones were made on my car. They visually looked at the mounts installed and asked if I had any issues putting them in. The one we had the hardest time with was the one in front of the motor (timing belt side). They fit tight, you'll have to loosen all the mounts to get them to ling up and tighten properly - if you're just trying to do one at a time, it may be too difficult. Good luck!

Steverino

Reaction score
Is this review even credible?? How can you expect someone to review a product properly if they don't know how to install engine mounts in the first place?

LMAO @ trying to get the rear mount to fit on the front.

Are you an automatic or a manual? If you're automatic the rear mount won't work for you, unless you convert your mount bracket to manual as well.

Good luck trying to get the rear mount in w/o removing the engine or IM or subframe.

Back