inputs on the fitment

sikjdm

Reaction score
fitment on the front are going to be 17x9.5 +18..

estimates on how much camber i will need to run?

vehicle is a 99 coupe.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
fitment on the front are going to be 17x9.5 +18..

estimates on how much camber i will need to run?

vehicle is a 99 coupe.

Thats gonna be a tough fit bro. I had a 17x9 +29 on the fronts with a 215/45 tire and the tire was damn flush with the fender dropped ~3 inched and -2.5 camber.

Jeith (keychain) has 18x9/5 +25 and its already really flush.

But you might be able to pull it off by runing a 215/40 tire or a 205/40 tire. but I think it'll look weird with the small tire size.

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
Thats gonna be a tough fit bro. I had a 17x9 +29 on the fronts with a 215/45 tire and the tire was damn flush with the fender dropped ~3 inched and -2.5 camber.

But you might be able to pull it off by runing a 215/40 tire or a 205/40 tire. but I think it'll look weird with the small tire size.

Not to mention the massive amount of stretch (read: dangerous and stupid)

One would think that he would need so much camber just so they would poke out mexi-style.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

One would think that he would need so much camber just so they would poke out mexi-style.

"mexi-style" and "hellaflush" are completely different. idk why you posted in here when you dont have any clue about anything being discussed.

as for the op's question, youll def need a lot of camber, probably -3° or more, to fit that on the front....if theyll fit at all...and theyre 17s, so to pull off that style youll definitely have to be real low, and we all know how being real low and having a front camber kit works out.

sikjdm

Reaction score

i am going to run 205/40/17. i have no problem with running -2.5 camber. we shall see..

for one, i am tired of hearing that stretching tires is stupid and dangerous when it started from cars getting sideways going 60+mph..

and two, the reason you camber is so they DON'T poke out mexi-style, noob.

"mexi-style" and "hellaflush" are completely different. idk why you posted in here when you dont have any clue about anything being discussed.

as for the op's question, youll def need a lot of camber, probably -3° or more, to fit that on the front....if theyll fit at all...and theyre 17s, so to pull off that style youll definitely have to be real low, and we all know how being real low and having a front camber kit works out.

well i figured since they are 17's it would be easier than 18's lol i have no problem with going low now since i am moving back home to arkansas. the roads are soooooo much better than freaking houston roads.

can you explain the real low and having camber kit works out? i didn't think there was a problem with our cars having camber kits and slammed?

1998accordsirt

Reaction score

Maybe I do, maybe I don't. but I just don't see the point in super low offsets. Sure, cars looks great with what you would call "hellaflush" but its just plain silly.

Stretched tires to fit retard wheels that are more expensive than the car, huge negative camber that is probably doing more harm than good as far as handling, and not to mention wearing out tires like no ones business.

IDK, just seems kinda pointless. There is absolutely no function involved in these types of set-ups.

To each their own I suppose and since I somewhat jacked your thread OP, I apologize. Good luck with achieving your goals with the wheels, I hope your pockets are deep!

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
can you explain the real low and having camber kit works out? i didn't think there was a problem with our cars having camber kits and slammed?

you dont even have to have a camber kit to have the problem with the uca hitting the strut tower. putting a camber kit on the front decreases the space between the uca and the strut tower, so theyll hit more often.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
like everyone already stated, gonna have to atleast run -3 camber and slammage to flush it out. 9.5 +18 is gonna be a tuffy for the fronts

sikjdm

Reaction score
wish me luck guys, no i know what you mean andy.

i'll just cut a hole is the strut tower area inside the engine bay for the uca.. lol

Back