inspire fogs in 01-02 coupe bumper

sg_81

Reaction score
fda600bd7dcda14cf41ee2d440bd6f94.jpg

I just got my fogs in today and just a little confused on the two wires the solid white and red with grey plug.

From what I read off a different forum the white wire is 12v and red is tap to cigarette lighter?? For switch?

Can I use both but have them in separate slots in the fuse box under the dash.

Can someone please clarify this. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You got it right the first time. You can have them both connected on the fuse box just make sure that the red wire with the grey plug is connected to a slot or wire that cuts the power when you turn the key to the off position.The white one has to be connected to constant 12v. Do i make sense? I just got done reading this thread on google and it finally made sense to me.

Last edited:

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
You got it right the first time. You can have them both connected on the fuse box just make sure that the red wire with the grey plug is connected to the ignition switch cut off so when you turn the key it cuts power to the fog lights.The white one has to be connected to constant 12v. Do i make sense?
It makes sense one is constant 12v (white ) and other (red) is acc or key in turned to ignition. Right.

sg_81

Reaction score
It makes sense one is constant 12v (white ) and other (red) is acc or key in turned to ignition. Right.

You got it. Trust me i was going nutz trying to figure this out myself until now lol. Now time to study the oem fog light switch to harness mod lol.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
You got it. Trust me i was going nutz trying to figure this out myself until now lol. Now time to study the oem fog light switch to harness mod lol.
Lol nice I'd like to do that too but finding a switch with plug is hard to find. Lol thank bro.

sg_81

Reaction score
Lol nice I'd like to do that too but finding a switch with plug is hard to find. Lol thank bro.

No prob. Let me know how it turns out and if you need any other help PM me. Im hitting up the dismantling yards and the junk yards tomorrow see if i have any luck finding the switch with the wires still attached. I need to get this done tomorrow for sure.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
No prob. Let me know how it turns out and if you need any other help PM me. Im hitting up the dismantling yards and the junk yards tomorrow see if i have any luck finding the switch with the wires still attached. I need to get this done tomorrow for sure.
Nice. And will do bro. I'm gonna be working on mine tomorrow.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Got my fogs installed today. Took some time cutting and trim fitting. Yes I know there's a gap and yeah I have a hood gap too.

Came out good and all wired up I had to extend the power wire from the fogs to the wire inside that's all.

5479f0fe4d329d811740b1da005a9d44.jpg

sg_81

Reaction score
Got my fogs installed today. Took some time cutting and trim fitting. Yes I know there's a gap and yeah I have a hood gap too.

Came out good and all wired up I had to extend the power wire from the fogs to the wire inside that's all.

5479f0fe4d329d811740b1da005a9d44.jpg

Sweet. I too haven't gotten the coupe hood so i have the gap as well. I found the oem switch over the weekend took it from a 99 tl at the junk yard.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Sweet. I too haven't gotten the coupe hood so i have the gap as well. I found the oem switch over the weekend took it from a 99 tl at the junk yard.
Lucky you I may have to hit up a yard myself. I'm just gonna keep the oem hood.

Back