Installed Cold Air intake now engine wants to die! Somebody help..

VitoHGrind

Reaction score
Its the sensor that sits directly over the opening where the intake attaches. I disconnected it so that I could get to the clamp that was holding on the stock intake. it was at a funny angle.. Probly didnt have to, but it was late.. i was tired..

Thanks for the congrats tho! Sounds great. a little loud tho..

rustyxsurfx08

Reaction score
i read this diy on installing a cai and they removed the resonator also which took out a lot of weight. if i have stock intake and dont mind the extra noise could i remove the resonator to take out weight??

VitoHGrind

Reaction score
i read this diy on installing a cai and they removed the resonator also which took out a lot of weight. if i have stock intake and dont mind the extra noise could i remove the resonator to take out weight??

Yeah you could. To install a CAI you have to remove the resonator as thats where the filter will be located. But if you don't have a CAI or SRI, I doubt the added 5-6 lbs is really going to be a major concern right now, but I guess you could get slightly better airflow. I say go for it. Its pretty noisy w/ that thing gone, tho. Sometimes I almost wish it was still there..

im suprised your car ran at all with the map sensor unplug

It ran.. doesn't mean it was pretty tho. I basically had to force it by holding the throttle down a little bit. She's a trooper tho! lol

Back