insurance refusing to paint

CyrusSaurusRex

Reaction score
From personal experience working in body shops I can tell you this is the kind of situation that has made me have to move on from many of them. Getting jerked around is never fun especially when you really love your car.

If I were to be in your shoes, i'd get the car out of there. That's in my opinion first priority. Your vehicle seems to not be safe there if your entire sound system can be taken out and away. Whether it was a stranger or someone working in the shop is a different story.

Second is to get your stolen system fully paid for, (NO EXCEPTIONS). On the body shops side of course. Your property was stolen and therefore compensation is legally required...Period.

Third would be to get the shop to also PAY for but not actually DO the extra work that will have to be done on the car. That shop is clearly not trustworthy and seeing what has happened so far, they will not warranty the paint because they will not produce a very good result.

At this point their main goal is to push you out and take your money for (if i am not mistaken) them making an "uh-oh" when it came to sanding/prepping your car for paint.

The best advice I can give you my friend, and i'm very sorry this had to happen to you.

flowhard

Reaction score
Given all that has happened and what the manager told you personally, they should have ordered an OEM bumper the first time.

I told him that i could've saved him time and told him the after market wouldn't be a direct fit. The funny part is he was the one that ordered the after market and now the oem

Damn this sounds like a case that belongs on People's Court.

I hope they get it looking right man. This sounds like its been completely chaotic. GL.

Thanks man.

Most body shops don't use oem parts, where the hell did they order theirs from? Hopefully they don't leave you with a bunch of orange peel or fish eye. Inspect carefully before driving away!

Oh trust me after this crap i will be! If anything is wrong i should have them pay for me to go to another body shop.

flowhard

Reaction score
If anything is wrong, just post on this thread that you need bail money. We will understand!

Haha I was about to say, if anything goes wrong and i don't have my car by Friday... It may be the last day you guys here from me unless you want to bail me out.

flowhard

Reaction score
From personal experience working in body shops I can tell you this is the kind of situation that has made me have to move on from many of them. Getting jerked around is never fun especially when you really love your car.

If I were to be in your shoes, i'd get the car out of there. That's in my opinion first priority. Your vehicle seems to not be safe there if your entire sound system can be taken out and away. Whether it was a stranger or someone working in the shop is a different story.

Second is to get your stolen system fully paid for, (NO EXCEPTIONS). On the body shops side of course. Your property was stolen and therefore compensation is legally required...Period.

Third would be to get the shop to also PAY for but not actually DO the extra work that will have to be done on the car. That shop is clearly not trustworthy and seeing what has happened so far, they will not warranty the paint because they will not produce a very good result.

At this point their main goal is to push you out and take your money for (if i am not mistaken) them making an "uh-oh" when it came to sanding/prepping your car for paint.

The best advice I can give you my friend, and i'm very sorry this had to happen to you.

Well it's almost done, but if anything else goes wrong I'm getting it out of there.

I'm not going to pay the full amount that they wanted to do that uh oh deal, but they already said they will warranty their work... Which probably means i should get them to pay another shop to do it haha.

He is sending my sound system info to corporate so they can contact me and we can agree on an amount.

Basically I'm hoping it gets resolved soon although it was supposed to be done almost 2 weeks ago, after i had to wait 2 weeks to get my car in the shop.

I can't really do much but laugh every time they talk because that's the only thing keeping me sane.

flowhard

Reaction score
Well, i got a call from the shop at about 4 today.... My car was done!
I went to go see it with the mind set that it would look like crap and they would have to redo it, but i was pleasantly surprised to see it looked amazing and very professionally done, i inspected it well and everything looked great! The paint match was phenomenal.
If i didn't have to deal e with so much crap from them i would highly suggest going to them but there was too much BS for me to make any sort of recommendation. Over all I'm pleased besides the fact of no subs or amp.

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Congratulations man! Glad you finally got your car back and are happy with the results. Now to get your system replaced......

flowhard

Reaction score
Congratulations man! Glad you finally got your car back and are happy with the results. Now to get your system replaced......

That's what i was thinking at first, but i may just get ceramic tint and do a 5 lug swap so i can utilize these chrome Honda rims i have. I might post a pic of my car tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Glad that circus is over. Wasn’t even my car and it was stressing me out. :lawl:

So they gave you the money for the a system? Or does that still need to happen?

flowhard

Reaction score
Glad that circus is over. Wasn’t even my car and it was stressing me out. :lawl:

So they gave you the money for the a system? Or does that still need to happen?

Haha i almost went bald... I have not gotten the money for the system yet but corporate is reviewing it and i should hear about it in the next few days.

Back