interchangeability of calipers

scomstock55

Reaction score
can someone please enlighten me as to which of the acura models have calipers that will go on my 2001 accord v6 ex with no problem? Im looking to upgrade but dont want to pay the price for brand new bembros...I was told those come on acura tl or cl...thanks in advance for any help

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
2G CL-S/TL-S would not be an upgrade as they are still single piston. 3G TL (04-08) Brembos (4 piston) and Legend (2 piston) are the OEM upgrades. Legend are direct swap I think, but I believe you need the brackets for the TL Brembos.

If you want the TL brembos, keep an eye on V6P, Acurazine, and Ebay to find them cheaper. Also take a look at the Brake review thread, there may be something else you find that you like.

Last edited:

lashlee

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken the Brembos may need more than brackets. I think TL guys talk about having to use a different knuckle. I used GS calipers since you can use the OEM knuckle as well as the bracket from the OEM V6 caliper. With the GS you also have the option to complete the mini BBK like I did.

scomstock55

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken the Brembos may need more than brackets. I think TL guys talk about having to use a different knuckle. I used GS calipers since you can use the OEM knuckle as well as the bracket from the OEM V6 caliper. With the GS you also have the option to complete the mini BBK like I did.

thanks man...but I am such a newb I dont know what a knuckle is...are the GS calipers more than one piston? And what year / model Acura did you get yours from?

scomstock55

Reaction score
2G CL-S/TL-S would not be an upgrade as they are still single piston. 3G TL (04-08) Brembos (4 piston) and Legend (2 piston) are the OEM upgrades. Legend are direct swap I think, but I believe you need the brackets for the TL Brembos.

If you want the TL brembos, keep an eye on V6P, Acurazine, and Ebay to find them cheaper. Also take a look at the Brake review thread, there may be something else you find that you like.

thanks man, so just to make sure I understand, 3rd gen TL brembos will change right over with brackets and the Legends will swap right over but only have the 2 pistons...

thanks for helpin a newb.

Back