Interesting & Informative info on exhausts

nexTOme

Reaction score
somewhat confusing to understand his english

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
that thread should be copied and stickied, extremely informative and professional.... maybe thats why you couldn't understand it jae

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
some new information. But running straight pipe on a basic modded car isnt good. You need some kind of back-pressure if you have not added charge to your intake. The more charge you add to your intake the more you need a straight pipe. Turbo and S/C.

That's why when I see someone with straight pipe without somehow increasing the air flow in their engine, I laugh. There are few cars, that their engines breathing capability is far exceeded by the performance of their stock mufflers.

Some people may claim they have high end gains, but think about it. You lose all your low end and mid range power and gain a few high end hp. That void in ur low,mid end powerband is going to make your HIGH end seem that it gained so much, when in reality it didnt.

Sure stock mufflers are somewhat restrictive, but they are designed specifically for that car and for their tune.

IMO a racing muffler wont yeild you worthy gains unless somehow ur car is re-tuned or you have some headwork,T/B or intake manifold work done. It's pretty simple physics.

You can't replace your garden hose with a fire-hose and expect it to pump out all this extra water. You need to somehow charge the other end.

Exhausts in a sense work the same way. You have to tune it to that happy medium where the flow is at its best along with the best diameter of pipe. A basic view to achieve HP, is to make the flow of air entering the engine and exiting as fast as possible.

These are just things I have read.....I never went to school for auto-mechanics so don't quote me on everything.

Last edited:

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
i'm trying to understand your point but it aint easy

whats a basic modded car?
straight pipes are better than bent pipes because it reduces areas of restriction thus allowing for better tuning of the exhaust through fewer parts

your intake has nothing to do with your exhaust, any charge built up is a result of how the valves are timed

stock mufflers are designed for stock cars, with minimal concern for power and major concern for noise

your whole, intake makes exhaust better is making me :eusa_wall:

please get rid of the convoluted sentences and make them clear and definite statements

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
i'm trying to understand your point but it aint easy

whats a basic modded car?
straight pipes are better than bent pipes because it reduces areas of restriction thus allowing for better tuning of the exhaust through fewer parts

your intake has nothing to do with your exhaust, any charge built up is a result of how the valves are timed

stock mufflers are designed for stock cars, with minimal concern for power and major concern for noise

your whole, intake makes exhaust better is making me :eusa_wall:

please get rid of the convoluted sentences and make them clear and definite statements

English is my second language brother, If you can read arabic I'm sure I could structure my sentences much better lol.

I might as well just give up at this point so I don't look more like a fool. :run:

AFAccord

Reaction score
They would be proud of my exhaust. :hihi:

0218091839a.jpg

0218091853a.jpg

0218091944.jpg

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Well with your car its a necessity. If I did that to mine it would probably crap out.

Back