ION headlights

6thGenJed

Reaction score
This is semi right, they change the color of your hids, but don't turn yellow green. I have 8k and they turn green through the lenses not crazy green buy noticeabe, for my fogs I got 3k and they are really yellow. The lenses are really yellow that's why blue turns green. And stock non hid bulbs come out yellow aswell

^SELL ME YOUR SHIZZZ! it would be perfect for the shows ima enter them in.

lashlee

Reaction score
I've got a set but they have been converted to HID with a Mini H1 conversion from TRS. I might be willing to sell them but I have a few people that have expressed interest. They won't be cheap since they were done correctly.

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
This is semi right, they change the color of your hids, but don't turn yellow green. I have 8k and they turn green through the lenses not crazy green buy noticeabe, for my fogs I got 3k and they are really yellow. The lenses are really yellow that's why blue turns green. And stock non hid bulbs come out yellow aswell

Hmm that is strange. The last time I saw ion blue lenses in real life the only thing I could remember was: Eww that green output looks nasty

Now this might be because the lenses are blue (hence the ion blue name) and turn yellow color into green

but you might be right, since you actually own them that they are actually yellow colored lenses , and turn blue light into green.

It would be cool if anyone who owns the accord ION blue lenses could test this out for us.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Richard, I think it just depends on the bulbs being used by the owner. If they're using some cheap (aka stock bulbs or xenon bulbs <4000k/>6000k temps) bulbs, then that may have been why you saw the odd-colored output.

In the daytime, the headlights themselves will look blue (and extremely illegal)...like this:

7503519436_4d008804c1_b.jpg

At night, with Philips 85122+ bulbs (typical OEM HIDs) the light output will look yellow but won't hurt the output (Grand Am and ALMS race cars tint their headlight lenses yellow and suffer no output decreases)...like this:

7503517810_b15cf21b36_b.jpg

And for one last comparison, here is one of my old headlights next to a friend's set of retrofitted headlights with stock lenses...both using 85122+ bulbs.

7503517344_0859d251f3_b.jpg

7503516922_b07c174e9f_b.jpg

7503517154_63fec9e729_b.jpg

7503516714_2738796088_b.jpg

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
I have stock bulbs and have a yellow output. The lighting sucks balls IMO. But hey who cares if you can't see they look cool! lol jk. I want to try 3000k bulbs though.

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
Richard, I think it just depends on the bulbs being used by the owner. If they're using some cheap (aka stock bulbs or xenon bulbs <4000k/>6000k temps) bulbs, then that may have been why you saw the odd-colored output.

Ah thanks for the clarification. So then what i must have seen was someone using 8000K bulbs or something around that number behind these lenses = that's what gave off the green color

Ch1R

Reaction score
I have Minis in mine and it has greenish blue color to it, but i argue its yellowish haha. goodluck finding a pair, i think i bought the last one since it was posted on 6gen ahah.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
And there lies the main problem...

I've had 8000k's in them before and the lighting still sucked. The green lighting was annoying, I think I'll try 3000k's and see if it helps any. Our HL's were not designed for HID's and the ION lenses don't help any either.

Back