J32 6 speed MT swap

Brad2274

Reaction score
now that i think about it, everything he mentions in his posts are things that you could see from pictures of the car or seeing it in person, you wouldnt notice tein coils from a picture, he very well might be making up a story as the way he posts is weird, talks about how bad the damage is and kept saying "why are you asking?" maybe by trying to be more discreet than "dont buy this car its junk" hope this is just some a hole.

as for the swap, dampners/struts/shocks are interchangeable between cl/tl/accord and the subframes should be as well, would be smart as the transmission has different mounts than stock and that saves time.

crazyspade101

Reaction score
Making more progress, got the cls engine all unclipped, fluids drained, and harness pulled. Going to pull the engine tomorrow.

Anyone know how to bypass the immobilizer? Popped into my head while I was pulling the ECU.

And some parts that I'm going to be keeping :)

Not sure what I want to do about the exhaust system yet. I have megan racing exhaust currently, but I like the sound of the greddy better. Cost wise I'd probably get more out of the Greddy if i sell it. But if i keep it the passenger side can is dented on the bottom a little, and the pipes may be twisted a little, and there is a leak somewhere. Thoughts?

crazyspade101

Reaction score
For the immobilizer thing, there are a few threads here and there. Here's one I just found.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45406&highlight=immobilizer+bypass&page=2

Yeah I read over that already, I think I might just switch out the chips, but to get it up and running just force the relay to start.

Got the j32 out and my 6 speed :licklips:

So I'm going to be using the CL-S front subframe. I don't know what I'm doing with the rear engine mount yet.
Rear CL-S engine mount

Accord Rear Mount

So ready for this to get done. Need to take out the clutch pedal tomorrow, then switching cars out and starting reassembly.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Clutch pedal assembly is funnnn. Curious if your firewall has the template for the master cylinder or not.

For the brake pedal, are you cutting the stock pedal or using the CL pedal?

crazyspade101

Reaction score
Clutch pedal assembly is funnnn. Curious if your firewall has the template for the master cylinder or not.

For the brake pedal, are you cutting the stock pedal or using the CL pedal?

Does the accord have a connector for the clutch pedal sensor tucked up in the dash somewhere or am I SOL there?

I plan on using the pedal from the CL, not sure about the master cylinder template is there. I'm thinking it is, I was looking around but I can't remember right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad2274

Reaction score
Not sure what I want to do about the exhaust system yet. I have megan racing exhaust currently, but I like the sound of the greddy better. Cost wise I'd probably get more out of the Greddy if i sell it. But if i keep it the passenger side can is dented on the bottom a little, and the pipes may be twisted a little, and there is a leak somewhere. Thoughts?

put a smoke bomb or something in one end of exhaust and plug holes to find the leak, i would use the greddy exhaust and just fix it, might be hard to get a good buck for it being all messed up, plus it sounds better, that type s engine will have no problems getting loud with any exhaust, the megan is just overkill imo :lawl:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Does the accord have a connector for the clutch pedal sensor tucked up in the dash somewhere or am I SOL there?

I plan on using the pedal from the CL, not sure about the master cylinder template is there. I'm thinking it is, I was looking around but I can't remember right now.

If you are asking if there's a blank plug hanging somewhere up under the dash, then no. That's part of the wiring end, if you want I can take a pic of what we did.

Some cars have the cutout stamped, others don't. I don't think anyone was ever able to get that down to an exact science, it was just random. Mine did have it.

put a smoke bomb or something in one end of exhaust and plug holes to find the leak, i would use the greddy exhaust and just fix it, might be hard to get a good buck for it being all messed up, plus it sounds better, that type s engine will have no problems getting loud with any exhaust, the megan is just overkill imo :lawl:

I agree, I'd fix it up. Or just toss the piping if it's more trouble than it's worth, then get new piping made and reuse the muffler.

Last edited:

crazyspade101

Reaction score
If you are asking if there's a blank plug hanging somewhere up under the dash, then no. That's part of the wiring end, if you want I can take a pic of what we did.

I'd appreciate it if I could see what you did for that. I'm hoping to find another totaled cl-a manual with black interior shortly and do a dash swap, sell the rest of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back