J32A2 + 6MT swap in my '01 F23/H23 5MT chassis

Bense

Reaction score
Awesome find Bense! I'm confused as to why you were told it couldn't be done on your car though, from memory I can't recall any extreme differences between the two chassis'. It might not be tangible but a bunch of folks have opted to swap their dashes and center console with the CL-S's, so maybe look into that. And if you do make sure to snag the dash subframe as well.

Curious side note: Are you planning on switching the wheel hubs with the acura's? I think all 4cyls came with 4 lugs right?

Thanks. I can go back for the dash / center console if needed. I'm planning on replacing my interior at some point in the near future due to it being old/dirty/worn. Not sure if there's any advantage in using the CL dash (or how the door panels fit against it) or if it's just a subjective/cosmetic appearance. Personally, I'd prefer whichever dash gives me the most knee/leg room. --- If only the Acura navigation system wasn't worthless.

It costs $93.30 for a pair of Timken wheel bearings, timken bearing retainer, and V6 accord hubs for the front on RockAuto.

Not sure if I'm going to grab a rear hub/bearing assembly from the junkyard, or order a set. Rear hubs/wheel bearings can be replaced with hand tools in a parking lot.

leftfieldpapi

Reaction score
Bro nice ****ing find man... It can always be done just gotta have a little faith lol ive seen some weird *** mods so tbh swapping things around isnt bad. Ive seen people get bored and put like tractor turbos on a car just for laughs .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CyrusSaurusRex

Reaction score
I hear you on the legroom, having the stock dash which resembles that of the civic doesn't necessarily offer the best space. Although you make a great point that I never thought about. Usually people swap dashes just for the look/different feeling, but I never thought to check how the actual spacing was changed. Idk how to post pics but searching and comparing the two it doesn't seem like there is.
Do you have any plans with building engine or just installing?

Side note: I have many parts for the swap left from when I did mine (linkages, hardware, misc. etc.) So if you end up needing something that you forgot you always have a source for the little parts :waytogo:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
That is the find of a lifetime for cars like ours. Good luck man. If you need any help, let me know. Just recently finished my swap, although not in a I4 car

Last edited:

twofast4u

Reaction score
actually one guy in toronto (local guy) you might have seen him on the fb grps. He had a 4cyl coupe with an h22 and he finished the full conversion from h22 to a j32 + 6spd. Running + tuned. So it is doable.

one

Reaction score
wow i wish i had that cl as a donor car, i personally love the body style of our 6th gens, but the interior and 6 speed would make it so much nicer. congrats and keep us updated please!

phi1542

Reaction score
Would it be cheaper to do a j32 swap and manual transmission 6spd conversion on a automatic v6 or j32 swap manual transmission 6spd on a 4cyl 5spd?

Last edited:
Back