Just installed Megan header!

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
one last problem i ran into also is the O2 sensor. the wires are not long enough so i had to detach the clamp that held the O2 sensor onto the chassis itself. the O2 is on but the clamp keeps rattling against the chassis and you can hear it from the cabin.

what did you guys do to overcome this? also, is it possible to get a longer O2 sensor? longer at the wire at least.

BostonAndy

Reaction score
DC Sports sells an 02 wire extension for about $50 shipped. I just spliced my wires to extend them, that works fine too.

You will hear more noise with a header as opposed to the stock manifold. It is similar to putting an intake on your car, you are moving a lot more air through the engine, so it will be louder.

If you can't or don't want to install them yourself, you can take it to an exhaust shop and they will do it for the cost of 1 to 2 hours labor.

As far as the performance gains, like blacknight said, it a lot faster to get from 4k to 6.5k. MY car felt a lot faster on the highway after installing headers however I did it at the same time as my cat-back so I'm sure that contributed to it also.

If you do not already have a set of headers, you will deffinately not regret getting them.

Last edited:

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I never needed an O2 extension cable.

My primary O2 sensor plugged right onto the bunge and I never touched my secondary sensor becuase it's right in the cat.

405138_267_full.jpg

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
well, i'm just saying it's fine, but it's a tight fit.
like a lot of stress is at the thing and it could snap. i think i'll invest in that.

also, did any of you guys have a problem with the downpipe hook? i was missing about an inch gap between the flex pipe and the cat, i basically had to clamp it to fit, but now one inch of my muffler pipe is moved forward, i went out today to get an extended tip so the exhaust gas doesn't blow up my bumper, but anyone else had this issue?

BostonAndy

Reaction score
FallenAngelHIM said:
well, i'm just saying it's fine, but it's a tight fit.
like a lot of stress is at the thing and it could snap. i think i'll invest in that.

also, did any of you guys have a problem with the downpipe hook? i was missing about an inch gap between the flex pipe and the cat, i basically had to clamp it to fit, but now one inch of my muffler pipe is moved forward, i went out today to get an extended tip so the exhaust gas doesn't blow up my bumper, but anyone else had this issue?

What brand did you get? Being 1" short and pulling your exhaust in doesn't sound right.

I went with obx headers. The o2 sensor is at the bottom where it goes from 2 to1 into the flex pipe so i needed to extend the wires to get the sensor down there.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Hey, can you post a closer pic of your header and the O2 sensor?
Me and a couple of other people have the ame header and never experienced that problem

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
BostonAndy said:
What brand did you get? Being 1" short and pulling your exhaust in doesn't sound right.

I went with obx headers. The o2 sensor is at the bottom where it goes from 2 to1 into the flex pipe so i needed to extend the wires to get the sensor down there.

i just bought obx headers too. anyone have an idea how to extend the wires for when i install them? its my first time doing anything like this, so i have no clue. thanks

Back