kicker VS rockford???

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
good snag bro i have an mrp 2000 sitting on my floor waiting to go in my car, me and my team all use alpine amps there amazing,

and as far as evs go they are good in small doses but as far as those astro vans go filled with evs i want to blow them all up, its the most annoying noise in the world, evs can balance a system out but when push comes to shove they are still a PA speaker im personally running 4 total alpine type r's with tweeters in my front doors, and relocating my rear speakers to my rear doors another set of alpine type r's, and fiber glassing my rear deck

lmao wow this guy is going all in on his system lmao...sounds like way to much tho lolz (This coming from the guy thats putting 3 EVs in the rear deck lolz) Yesterday I got bored and decided to connect 2 EVs (played them out the box lolz) and the Type R with the new amp .... :omgbd: I did not expect the type Rs to hit that hard lolz to me they are hitting WAY better then the CVRs i had ... and its not even tuned up correctly .... I'm hyped again I'm hyped:naughty::147703263745b138a51:naughtyrun:

20-CG5-01 Thanks for the advice on the amp ... its does hit hard

Last edited:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
lmao wow this guy is going all in on his system lmao...sounds like way to much tho lolz (This coming from the guy thats putting 3 EVs in the rear deck lolz) Yesterday I got bored and decided to connect 2 EVs (played them out the box lolz) and the Type R with the new amp .... :omgbd: I did not expect the type Rs to hit that hard lolz to me they are hitting WAY better then the CVRs i had ... and its not even tuned up correctly .... I'm hyped again I'm hyped:naughty::147703263745b138a51:naughtyrun:

20-CG5-01 Thanks for the advice on the amp ... its does hit hard

No problem. If you can find alpine type R's for good price, I consider them the best bang for the bucks. Their amps are pretty solid also. Take a picture of your set-up when you are done.

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
Ok ... it wont be done for like another month or so ... I'm buying everything at opportunity price so I'm being patient with everything. I'm more concerned with the exterior at the momment ...

sdhaney

Reaction score
if i were you id buy used. check out the classifieds on diyma.com and caraudioclassifieds.org. btw what kind of system are you going for?

sdhaney

Reaction score
OP, how are you setting this all up? If you're gonna put 10's in the rear deck, at least put an 8 in the door.

If it were me, i would do this

8 in the door for midbass
recycle the o2 and put it in the kick for midrange
2 10" l7's in a 4th order ported through the ski-pass

That's still too much.

1 pair upfront with a decent amount of power is all you need considering you guys have average sub setups.

im with this guy. but id even go simpler than that-

deaden the hell out of ur front doors and trunk, 6.5 in the door, tweeter in dash or a-pillar, single 12 sealed

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
:eh: ..... OK so I'm going to try to describe the vision of the car ... Just the speaker outline I guess you would call it ... Driver door will have 1 8",1 6 1/2" speaker, and 1 small tweeter ... passenger door will match ... On the dashboard all the way in the front (where the dashboard & windshield meet) theres 2 factory tweeters on each side (driver&passenger) that I will swap out for some better ones ... I will cut the rear deck and put 3 10" EVs with 2 titanium tweeters ... And for bass I have a small ported box with 2 12" type Rs ...

Questions comments concerns?

jcollins6

Reaction score
:eh: ..... OK so I'm going to try to describe the vision of the car ... Just the speaker outline I guess you would call it ... Driver door will have 1 8",1 6 1/2" speaker, and 1 small tweeter ... passenger door will match ... On the dashboard all the way in the front (where the dashboard & windshield meet) theres 2 factory tweeters on each side (driver&passenger) that I will swap out for some better ones ... I will cut the rear deck and put 3 10" EVs with 2 titanium tweeters ... And for bass I have a small ported box with 2 12" type Rs ...

Questions comments concerns?

Are you looking to do audio competitions, or is this a because I can defining moment?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i strongly suggest playing with one tweeter in each stock location first before building anything. the windshield completely changes the frequency response and also adds delay which needs to be compensated for.

all those drivers...you're making it way more complicated than it needs to be. four tweeters are going to have WAY too much treble (unless you like to make youtube videos with the doors open, standing 200 feet away while the stereo plays and call it "loud and clear"...wtf), not to mention they're going to sound terrible.

if youre going to do two pairs of midbass, use the same ones...2 6.5s per door, or heck, 3 or 4 per door if its going to be fiberglassed. either put the tweeters in the door or up high...not both.

i have a feeling no one is going to be able to talk you out of the hoodrat new york-style EVs and bullet tweeters :( there ARE better ways to do it...

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
No audio competition just bcaz I want to .... ^^^ lmao ... honestly I dont see it happening ... I've been thinking about it though because I really don't want to cut my deck ... I've been thinking of taking the EVs and putting them in a "chuchero" I dont know what u call that in english but its basiclly putting the speakers in an enclosed box that you can easily move around or take off if you want the extra music. A week ago I was in NY and there was a 7th gen playing some music and I really liked it. I would want mine louder but his sounded ok might do the same setup he had ... 3 6" celestion in the front doors and 2 6" celestion in the back door ... however everyone that was there said he had to have something extra playing in there or had some crazy amps, crossover, etc combination because it was very loud

eggyhustles

Reaction score
You're doing too much, dude.

8 in the door
6 in the kick
tweet in the a pillar..i would say horns, but the horn bodies are hard to come by
nothing in the rear

Back