Kn0x47's interior work

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
More bolts in than I thought. Do you have a picture of the indentations you mentioned? That's pretty cool those are there, I was wondering how you went about positioning the ebrake relative to the console and drilling the holes but it sounds like there was no guesswork.

The e-brake functions fine with the assembly being curved like that?

So the console and e-brake essentially bolt on using existing hardware/holes (except drilling for the e-brake mounting brackets). Then you fab'd a bracket on both sides to secure the front of the console to the 6GA dash frame. Then it's just a matter of trimming the CL panels to hug the 6GA floor carpet and dash.

So the only major custom part is filling the small space between the console and radio. For the aforementioned brackets it seems easy enough to take some aluminum and bend it.

kn0x47

Reaction score
More bolts in than I thought. Do you have a picture of the indentations you mentioned? That's pretty cool those are there, I was wondering how you went about positioning the ebrake relative to the console and drilling the holes but it sounds like there was no guesswork.

The e-brake functions fine with the assembly being curved like that?
25093373891_2225de8c52_b by Jonathan Boothe, on Flickr
Indentions look like the one circled in blue. It won't be curved once it's mounted correctly. the other indention is about where the small blue circle is.
So the console and e-brake essentially bolt on using existing hardware/holes (except drilling for the e-brake mounting brackets). Then you fab'd a bracket on both sides to secure the front of the console to the 6GA dash frame. Then it's just a matter of trimming the CL panels to hug the 6GA floor carpet and dash.

So the only major custom part is filling the small space between the console and radio. For the aforementioned brackets it seems easy enough to take some aluminum and bend it.
No cutting needed at the floor carpet, just the dash. I used some L brackets that i cut and bent to attach it to the dash.

Haven't made any new progress sense I have the flue this week:sad:

kn0x47

Reaction score
well i've been side tracked with another project but i've finally got a little more done.

drilled the two mounting holes i needed to make and used a tap to thread them to the factor 8x1.25 bolts. tension is a little bit tighter on the passenger wheel but no big deal
2016-04-05 19.43.20 by Jonathan Boothe, on Flickr

Varnell

Reaction score
I'm liking the progress. I may have to do something similar with my ebrake. I've had to to keep the shiftboot off because it would rest on the ebrake in 1st (or 6th gear). Haven't driven the car in so long I can't remember which side of the shifter the ebrake is. lol

kn0x47

Reaction score
331efacae685697c29dbdfcbe38395d1.jpg

Made more progress on the cl console. Custom shifter trim made and shift boot installed

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

kn0x47

Reaction score
Looks good, what all is left to finish it?
The two bottom panels of the dash need to be trimmed, wiring for the power outlet in the armrest and finishing this trim piece to fill up the gap between the console and dash.

b63c40d11b8536afe327045d7855f09a.jpg

I put a big gash in it with the router so now I'm working on filling it

kn0x47

Reaction score
095864650381c46e016a9f36dd3d8d55.jpg

More progress. Right console trim still needs some trimming before it's wrapped then the radio bezel and other pieces will be wrapped to tie it all in together

Pardie

Reaction score
I like that flashlight in the passenger seat, I believe I have seen some like that at Lowe's. Would you recommend getting one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back