Koni struts and eibach ground control Updated 4/16/2012

slowrider87

Reaction score
Re: Koni struts and eibach ground control.

i sent him emails to asking about those Koni Struts. He said he bought them brand new for $1650 installed on his accord

$1650 installed? he got F***ed. or lied.

Flat rate to replace struts.. 2.9 rear, 2.0 front. (alignment not included).
lets say the shop charged 70/hour labor. so... ~$350 labor
price of Koni's new.. $570
$350+$570=$920

Price of GC's new.. ~$375 (varies by seller)
$375+$920= $1295

but wait... in order to to replace struts you have to remove/re-install springs.
any honest shop would put the new GC's on during the installation of the Koni's at no extra labor charge since the springs had to be removed to do the job anyways. so his total expense still should have been ~$1295. If it was an honest shop. However many people suck and are dishonest. So if it was a dishonest shop... the rate to change springs is the same as to change shocks. (actually .2 hrs higher on the front. idk why. seems dumb.) so they would have added that extra ~5 hours labor on top even though they didn't do any extra work.

so $1295+$350=$1645...

rick_dang1987

Reaction score

$1650 installed? he got F***ed. or lied.

Flat rate to replace struts.. 2.9 rear, 2.0 front. (alignment not included).
lets say the shop charged 70/hour labor. so... ~$350 labor
price of Koni's new.. $570
$350+$570=$920

Price of GC's new.. ~$375 (varies by seller)
$375+$920= $1295

but wait... in order to to replace struts you have to remove/re-install springs.
any honest shop would put the new GC's on during the installation of the Koni's at no extra labor charge since the springs had to be removed to do the job anyways. so his total expense still should have been ~$1295. If it was an honest shop. However many people suck and are dishonest. So if it was a dishonest shop... the rate to change springs is the same as to change shocks. (actually .2 hrs higher on the front. idk why. seems dumb.) so they would have added that extra ~5 hours labor on top even though they didn't do any extra work.

so $1295+$350=$1645...

good guess bro. When he said he $1650 installed i didn't beleive him either.But i did some researches and some ppl got them installed for about $1500 brand new. Any way it was too expensive for struts and gc' set up IMO.

slowrider87

Reaction score

I got my koni spring setup installed for right about 1K. Now, my springs were about 200 cheaper than GC's so lets say if they were GC's, Minus adjusting them to a desired height, its still the same work, the same parts removed and re installed, to install GC's as it is springs so labor wouldn't be effected. it'd have been $1200. all those people paying 1500+ for, essentially, a shock spring install are getting screwed out of a few hundred extra bucks. only way i can even possibly justify that is if they paid for an alignment on top. even then a $300 alignment is ridiculous, even with aftermarket suspension.

oh well. i guess all i should care about is the fact I didn't pay that. sucks to be them.

rick_dang1987

Reaction score

I got my koni spring setup installed for right about 1K. Now, my springs were about 200 cheaper than GC's so lets say if they were GC's, Minus adjusting them to a desired height, its still the same work, the same parts removed and re installed, to install GC's as it is springs so labor wouldn't be effected. it'd have been $1200. all those people paying 1500+ for, essentially, a shock spring install are getting screwed out of a few hundred extra bucks. only way i can even possibly justify that is if they paid for an alignment on top. even then a $300 alignment is ridiculous, even with aftermarket suspension.

oh well. i guess all i should care about is the fact I didn't pay that. sucks to be them.

Absolutelly right. I don't care how much they had them installed. I should only care what i'm getting right now.

rick_dang1987

Reaction score
I'm gonna try to install my koni n gc today. This is my first time, never had it done b4 so good luck to me plz :D

Shadow1

Reaction score
So here's a question. Those look like they'll fit on a 90-93 accord. Especially the way the bottom of the struts are made. Is this possible?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
So here's a question. Those look like they'll fit on a 90-93 accord. Especially the way the bottom of the struts are made. Is this possible?

Pretty sure their tophats are different though.

Might fit, but not going to say it will without mods.

Back