Less expensive roof rack idea

J30MAN

Reaction score
So after I drop my accord I would really like to add a roof rack, fairing, and basket. But yakima charges around $500 for what I want. So I got into my ricer state of mind and went on google and found this site with universal roof rack parts. And this is what I came up with for around $240-$250.

Telescoping Roof Rails

Thule Fairing. Yes I know it only fits square bars but I would end up rigging something together to make them fit the round bars

Yakima Basket Case. Says it fits round or square bars...win.

Let me know what you guys think. I know it sounds like a total rig but if i can save %50 and still have it be legitimate and functional then why not...right?

:coffee:

Narftastic

Reaction score
I think you are very smart for doing this...not ricey at all jus saving aloot of money....i guess now i know what i will do if i decide to get a rack.

Go for it!!!

J30MAN

Reaction score
I think you are very smart for doing this...not ricey at all jus saving aloot of money....i guess now i know what i will do if i decide to get a rack.

Go for it!!!

Thanks. I know what I want for christmas :) lol.

I dont like how that rack attatches

I didnt at first, but I think everything else will take your eyes off those cheap looking straps.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I would never want to use the rack if your planning on going that route. I could not trust just having it held on by straps. If I was you I would first spend time looking on Craigslist.

Sexi4draccord

Reaction score
If u want a roof rack keep checking craigslist nd if u really want want u would travel ao check around i found a couple

Back