LSD Fitment

Jeremiah

Reaction score
We did my az race differential in a matter of a few hours at the shop I go to. The hardest part is the snap ring on the end of the tranny. Getting that to line back up is the toughest part, also, when taking the case off, ensuring tht you do not have it tipped over where gears will fall off the lay shafts...

Other than that... it's "easy".

hotaccord243

Reaction score
that sounds good ihazsnail,

i don't really feel like doing it, not only is it an LSD install, but a flywheel and clutch setup, and there's a lot to screw up, i know it's not that hard, but i don't feel comfortable doing the transmission stuff, too much to screw up.....

so i don't know what i wanna do.....

Jeremiah

Reaction score
Take it to a professional mechanic, or transmission shop. Should only take a few hours...

Jeremiah/NCC

AFAccord

Reaction score
jason said that its easy to do but i am not sure if i want my shop to do this since they've never done it before and the LSD is not cheap to experiment with.
still waiting on him to get online so i can talk to him about it so i guess we will keep each other posted..

You stood me up! We had a date! :wub:

We did my az race differential in a matter of a few hours at the shop I go to. The hardest part is the snap ring on the end of the tranny. Getting that to line back up is the toughest part, also, when taking the case off, ensuring tht you do not have it tipped over where gears will fall off the lay shafts...

Other than that... it's "easy".

Lol! That snap ring is easy with a good set of snap ring pliers! My most recent set is super sweet, and will either expand or contract the rings with just the flip of a switch! Your install was also a bit easier since you reused the stock diff, and didn't have to re-shim it to specs. :doh:

Anthony at AV-Eng said he didn't have to shim much with his last F23 Quaife install though, so hopefully its a nice snug fit to start with. I just wish Honda offered enclosed bearings instead of the tapered roller bearings.

Take it to a professional mechanic, or transmission shop. Should only take a few hours...

Jeremiah/NCC

Aren't clutch installs alone like ~$400 at most places?? I can't imagine basically paying for two clutches just to get one installed.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
sorry about the slow responses, but dropping my car off today, and should be in by end of tommorrow, i'll let you know how it goes.....

hotaccord243

Reaction score
well car is in just waiting for a bearing to come in, and going back together hopefully tomorrow, it's honestly not that hard, as long as you know transmissions and how to take them apart and back together, the differential just bolts on to the final drive gear to the left of the gears.....

Back