magnaflow 15640 finish....pics added

SneakyPete

Reaction score
This is for anyone who has the v6 kit.....

I just received mine today. however, the muffler bodies and tips look great, but the welds are terrible.

they're great looking welds, but they're not polished or anything. Although the bodies are stainless, wouldn't unprotected welds defeat the purpose.

I find it hard to believe that a company as big as Magnaflow would have this type of aesthetic finish.

Does this sound familiar to anyone who has the kit?????

Last edited:

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
Re: magnaflow 15640 finish

i had the 15640, and after driving 30K miles in snow rain etc... i don't have any rust problems with the welds nor body. At least nothing a quick wipe wouldn't take care of.

SneakyPete

Reaction score
Re: magnaflow 15640 finish

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

There's even slag stuck to the can's!!!

Hopefully i'm over reacting!

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Welds look normal, I think my Apexi WS looks the same. The slag I'm not so sure about, does it come off at all?

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
The magnaflow has lifetime warranty, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
When it was new, my Magnaflow muffler looked just like that close up. At first I was surprised just like you are, but really this isn't an issue. If you don't like the way it LOOKS, then sorry. But it's meant to look like that, as it is how it's made. I know you expected more out of Magnaflow, but also I don't think their sales point is weld smoothing and polishing, so they may not expect people to scrutinize them like that.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
My Greddy has the same looking welds. They hold up perfectly fine. Who cares about the aesthetics of an exhaust anyway? The only part you see is the muffler...

SneakyPete

Reaction score
I'm not concerned about the way it looks, considering it'll be hid by the lip. I was just making sure it was normal and that the exposed welds wouldn't cause an issue later on. Plus considering the cost of the kit, I wasn't expecting to see the welds like that.

I appreciate the feedback guys!!!:jealousbow:

Now if only I could get the snow to stop so I could install it and the lip kit I got!!!

Back