meet Crystal she is just another family sedan

el gallo

Reaction score
Carlos, 1999, Sedan, LX, 5MT
engine- F23A4 / F23A1 header and downpipe, everything from air filter box out has been removed
suspension- Megan spring front 1.5 inch drop, Tein/Tokico rear 1.25 inch drop
interior- original with various fast food spill to accent
cosmetic- tinted rear lights, removal of all badges and urban patina

i dont remember when i was when my mother bought this car but she had it for a long time. Then it came that she moved on to a crossover and gave me this beauty. Crystal has seen many northern virginia days and now lives in Texas. and it being a ulev i would imagine at birth she hailed from california.

i have always wanted this car but mo always said that she would give it only to my brother. :party36:
i always thought it would look good lowered and maintained. so the first thing that i did to it was a quick degrease of the engine bay and a baby seat holster.
a couple of weeks later i got a great deal on lowering springs and strut bar. 1.5 inch drop up front 1.25 inch drop out back, nothing major but the streets here are not friendly to "stanced" vehicles.

i dont think i will be doing to much as performance, mainly making it look a bit better. its going to be something that my messy a$$ kids are going to riding in. tint rear lens, blacked housing, and maybe a rattle can job(until i find a color i like to paint her), and if i find some decently priced wheels.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE

picture.php
Texas blue bonnets

Last edited:

goldenchamp

Reaction score
Welcome! My 6GA is originally from San Antonio :) I personally think the stance scene is ridiculous, so a 1.5 in. drop sounds about as low as I'd ever want to go.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Looks like a good start. Please follow members ride format. :)

Btw stance is more about the relationship between the wheel and the car than how low a car is. People have been lowering cars for a long time (much more than 1.5"), before the whole concept of stance, as we know it now, even existed. So just because you lower a car a good amount, doesn't mean you are stancing it. In case there was any confusion between lowering and stancing.

el gallo

Reaction score
Please follow members ride format.

i do apologize for my flatulence.
thank you for working with me.

about the stance thing(i dont know what it actually entails) i hear the kids calling everything that has suspension work that its "stanced". to me i know it as lowered and cambered. i dont know any of the new terminology that has come about in the last decade.

el gallo

Reaction score
Welcome! My 6GA is originally from San Antonio :) I personally think the stance scene is ridiculous, so a 1.5 in. drop sounds about as low as I'd ever want to go.

i had no idea that 6GA has from S.A.
i guess thats why i see many good looking accords out here.

in all honesty i want to another half inch drop but when the whole family and whatever else we take is loaded up i bottom out. so i am stuck with what i got. or maybe getting rid of the family, lol.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Yeah, stance has more to do with insane amounts of camber.

I have the parts, but I prefer to keep my car as a road car, like, it can be used on the road regularly (daily?).

It looks like a great start though, ya just need some new wheels :p

el gallo

Reaction score
Yeah, stance has more to do with insane amounts of camber.

I have the parts, but I prefer to keep my car as a road car, like, it can be used on the road regularly (daily?).

It looks like a great start though, ya just need some new wheels :p

i was hoping that no one would have noticed that.
the other i was working on my cousin's truck and was taking it back to him, i had the wife follow. so i got a out of the car highway look at it. and those wheels just dont have an attractive look. they are sunk into the wheel well and they are skinny. i will be doing some internet searching for what is going to look and function as needed.

rim/wheel is definitely the next thing on the list.

el gallo

Reaction score
so both fans went out really sucked when i was in traffic. i was looking at new ones but did not have enough to buy them. i ended up going to the salvage yard again and found that all 4cl 6thgen had either one(only the left one) or both missing. on a pinch to get something that worked i used v6 6thgen fan motors. they are the same motors but the wiring is situated differently, you would have to relocate the wiring(simple to do) and everything worked out so far.

Back