meet Crystal she is just another family sedan

james'99

Reaction score
Go, go, go! Keep is posted! You don't have to break the ball joint loose now at least! Haha! What kind of damage did that entail?

el gallo

Reaction score
Go, go, go! Keep is posted! You don't have to break the ball joint loose now at least! Haha! What kind of damage did that entail?

so far that i have noticed was fender, cv boot and ball joint damage. i had fix/put back together and rode around for a bit to see if anything. everything checked out ok.

el gallo

Reaction score
so got most of everything disconnected, tommorow we drop this b!tch.

picture.php

got six coronas in for that idiot that got himself killed.

picture.php

el gallo

Reaction score
a quick lunch break,
so i started today with the interior, getting everything out of the way and replacing with the 5mt stuff.

i finally just two minutes ago pull down and out the auto trans, and no joke that sob is a heavy ducker. made a final pass of cleaning on my $86 5 speed transmission, ended up getting a brand new starter thats works. the parts guy said that there two types that go with this motor so hopefully i picked the right one.

pictures will be posted later.

question if anyone reads this, how do i connect or supplement the space between the top of the clutch pedal and the frame/body of the car?

el gallo

Reaction score
i finally finished the swap.
two problems came around, the first was on saturday when the rain came slowed everything down but i kept pushing.
the second one was the clutch system that was not bleeding out, after some frustration i took it all out and checked it again, stupid me missed cleaning the system out it had crud and soot and some stuff that looked like calcium build up. after i cleaned it all out i lose the o-ring for the line. i tried to use a regular o-ring and dropped that one. i could see it so when i went to retrieve it i happen to see the actual one that was originally lost(car gods were looking out for me.

i had to do a bit on clutch adjustments to get it to work right(aftermarket system). found that my front motor mount was bad got that replaced. everything went fine and smoothly. i do have a little of mechanic experience so this was pretty awesome to do.

and now the bad news. i did not know at the time that i had picked up the wrong driveside axle(too short) and only got to pull out of the stall about five feet and started to turn when the axle started to separate from its self. but on the bright side when i started pulling out everything worked just like it should.

i would like to thank 'BadgerType' for the write-up, it was most helpful in the completion of this swap. i would like to thank 'whitederic' for coming out the salvage yards. thanks to 'james99' for the emotional support. and thats to my daughter for pumping the clutch so i could bleed it. and a big thanks to my wife for putting up with me wanting this swap and the countless sandwiches.

goodnight, pics tomorrow its dark and the camera isnt picking up very well

Last edited:

el gallo

Reaction score
Awesome to hear! No dash lights or anything?

lol yah theres cel for trans malfunction. i dont have the time to go to a programmer and i dont know the cost to have my ecu switched. so for now i am running the position sensor plugged in. the (stuff) that is getting frustrating is that the third bolt for the pedal is not in, my ride is missing the bracket to screw it in. so i have rope holding it up.

Back