Mikey's 2001 V6 Coupe

Mikey

Reaction score
So the strut bushing / suspension noise I was worried about....

....was my SRI clanking around.

:snoopfacepalm:

I felt like the biggest idiot on the planet. The tab broke off some time ago and the clanking has only gotten worse, so I attributed it to a failing suspension component.

Long story short, I used some piping strap to hang the intake back up, so to speak.

Mikey

Reaction score
A lot going on lately. Nothing major though. SRS light. Hoping it's warranty.
Might try a quick DIY for the gas light not working.
Picked up Darius's retro. Debating changing out the whites and switchbacks for all ambers.

Other than that not much going on. Gonna work on the Gf's Rolla soon. She's gonna get my old HIDs, lol.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What's the other white light? Is there 194 bulb in that little space under the low beam?

Mikey

Reaction score
Yeah. White 194s and the switchbacks. I'm a fan of amber and since they don't have the amber strips I'd like to try amber bulbs. The switchbacks are from Jephu so I'm gonna see if or where he got them and if I can't a similar amber LED. SBL has a bulb I like but I fear they won't be as bright as the switchbacks. Those suckers are BRIGHT! Lol.

Mikey

Reaction score
Little update; ordered LEDs from DDM. Took me like 3weeks since they were coming from China. So I guess they're JDM LEDs! :p I took out the switchbacks in favor of all Ambers and I LOVE them! I liked just having a retro but now I love it. My SBL dash bulbs have been twitching lately so I'm thinking of replacing them with DDM bulbs as well. Along with my clock and hazard bulbs.
Also picked up a set of JDM BB6 sidemarkers. Gonna install them when I muster up the courage to cut into my fenders. Otherwise not much going on.
Working on possibly buying my first home in the next 6 months so any major financial things are kinda going on hold until that happens or not. At this point my only current plans are still a trunk swap and I'd like to either find a different set of summer rims or get new tires for my si's. I'm also on the look out for a V2 intake and possibly some strut bars. But they're not necessities. Not much happening as of late due to work and that darn FB page, lol.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I’d be scared to cut into my fenders too. Mostly because I’d want to make sure I properly protect the metal edges from rusting.

Retros look great, the amber looks…..OEM. :lawl: I bet the amber below looks good with the projector on. They are blackhoused, right?

Mikey

Reaction score
CB they're as blackboused as you can get them. The high side is still chrome and they're sans the Amber strip so a lot of chrome/silver comes through. At first I wasn't fond of it but now with the new ambers they shine really bright! I think my front end used to resemble that of a G8, oddly enough, lol. But now with be ambers I think it kinda looks like the new Buick regal. Don't ask. Lol. And we're going for the whole OEM+ thing so I'm all about looking OEM, lol.

Evan, I agree. Amber, IMO, pairs very well with our DEP. I love it in the EDM tails and now with my ambers up front.

Back