Mission Impossible:Get to NA 150 WHP:Do you accept?

theaccordian

Reaction score
JET reprogram is when you send your stock ecu to JET performance and they load a new program on it based on your modifications.

Greddy Emanage or APEXI VAFC is a piggyback. It works along with your stock ecu. These have the ability to manipulate a/f ratio vtec engagment etc. While your stock ecu controls all the other fucnitions of an ecu.

AEM EMS is a full standalone it replaces your stock ecu entriely. This controls your whole engine.

It depends on your situation which is better. If youre a weekend tuner and have simple mods go with the reflash,its easy, uses your stock ecu, and you dont have to tune it, its preset.

But it doesnt allow you to custom tune to your liking, so if you have a serious build i.e. turbo, internal build, where tuning is essential for it to operate correctly go with standalone like ems or piggy back like emanage,

Last edited:

accordator

Reaction score
ive been planning to go with either turbo or s/c it. so jet ecu is only good for bolt-ons ?

theaccordian

Reaction score
if you have turbo or sc

DO NOT GET A JET REPROGRAM

JET cannot physically tune your car because they dont physically have your car to tune.

With a turbo(which is a no no for an AV6) or s/c (which is a no no for an I4)
youre gonna need to tune it with at least a piggyback, emanage is as good as it gets as far as piggybacks go. But a full standalone would be ideal.

There has also been people who converted to obd1 and chipped their ecu's with chrome or uberdata etc.

theaccordian

Reaction score
iits not bad, theres no turbo kits for av6's

also, first of all the tranny will crap itself. Second its gonna have to be completely custom, which means a sh*tload of $, which means its not worth it on an AV6 cause its tranny is gonna break down anyway.

accordator

Reaction score
speaking of tranny, i thought dr.evil could fix the "bad tranny" problem?

when you say turbo an av6, does it mean turbo the j30a engine? if so, im swapping the engine anyways if one day i decide to choose the turbo route. either h22 or k20a

theaccordian,sorry to hijack your thread. btw, if i go with the setup like yours, would i be able to see at least 20hp gain?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
accordator said:
speaking of tranny, i thought dr.evil could fix the "bad tranny" problem?

when you say turbo an av6, does it mean turbo the j30a engine? if so, im swapping the engine anyways if one day i decide to choose the turbo route. either h22 or k20a

theaccordian,sorry to hijack your thread. btw, if i go with the setup like yours, would i be able to see at least 20hp gain?

he did fix it for alot of money

j30 is av6

imo, turbo a h22

hes gonna dyno it to see his gain in a week or so

accordator

Reaction score
ya dr.evil will be my next plan/upgrade if my tranny dies again. it died once at 128,000.

isnt the k20a faster than h22? how come i never seen a k20a swap thread?

i cant wait to see his dyno result :)

Back