Mission Impossible:Get to NA 150 WHP:Do you accept?

theaccordian

Reaction score
Sonnick said:
Any videos of the i/h/e setup? Also, did you notice any gains with the JET ecu? I've been hearing JET is just a crock but I don't wanna believe it. And was there a loss in low end from the high flow cat?

here's some vids with I/H/E

drive by

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/phamtastick3/?action=view&current=MOV02284.flv

tach

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/phamtastick3/?action=view&current=MOV02283.flv

remember my car is an autotragic, so youre 5 spd will be that much faster with these mods.

Without a doubt I felt good gains from the jet ecu. My mind isnt playing tricks on me and I'm not trying to justify blowing $300. I felt real gains and so has everyone esle who has driven in my car.

The thing I love most is it gave me all my low end (that I lost for exhaust setup) back and then some on top of that. I just blip the throttle and it jerks forward. Daily driving is so much easier and enjoyable now, I dont have to go half throttle and rev to 4k to drive normally anymore. When passing I dont have to floor it anymore also. All in all I felt more gains down low then up top, but im not complaining cause it balances out all the top end I gained from my I/H/E.

I cant really tell if i lost low end from the high flow cat because I got headers cat and exhaust installled at one time, so Im not sure which mod caused what. But overall my exhaust setup lost low end that I gained up top, which is expected. Stock exhaust manifold are designed with the daily driver in mind, so it creates backpressure in order to create torque down low. So IMO any change to your stock exhaust system is gonna result in loss of low end.

But I can care less about my low end my JET ECU took care of that for me. :D

So if I were you id go with this setup. Your car will perform alot better than mine being 5 spd. AFAccord on hondatech hit 15.2 152 whp and 157 wtq with his 5 spd. With I/H/E, hi flow cat, various ingition upgrades (which probably did nothing), JET ECU, and 93 octane gas. If you can find the right deal on used parts, cause its just bolt ons (pipes) which never go bad, I say you can get this setup done for under $1,000. It costed me so much cause all my parts were brand new and brand name ( for emissions reasons and the fact I dont wanna deal with the headache of crappy parts.)

Last edited:

Sonnick

Reaction score
That sounds good man, nice vids...I'm really thinking about all this now. Seeing the JET reprogram worked for 2 people so far has got me thinking about it that much more, especially since the low-end is restored and then some...Thanks man. I'm definitely thinking about going this route...then cam the F hehe

I'd like to get my car to the track before any real mods to see how they all help

theaccordian

Reaction score
my bored TB came in today!

Before:
DSC02265.jpg

After:
DSC02355.jpg

Finally this damn project is coming to an end. This process has really pissed me off at times, tested me, and put a strain on me financially. But im glad its coming to an end and I did what I set out to do.

All thats left is to slap that baby on and throw her on the dyno. :D

Sonnick

Reaction score
Wow...HUGE difference! That looks awesome. Where'd you get it done? Stock is 60, correct? How much did they bore it?

accordator

Reaction score
please excuse my stupidity, but whats the difference between the jet ecu and the greddy e-manage?

Back