Mission Impossible:Get to NA 150 WHP:Do you accept?

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
theaccordian said:
anybody know what 5 spds baseline dyno #'s are?

Realistically speaking I have a ULEV auto, 148 hp at crank.

so with 20% drivetrain loss id dyno at 118-119. so id need 31+ hp to reeach 50 :(

Well, with new plugs/wires & a SRI I dynoed 137hp.
I would like to know what I dyno with my exhaust & header. But the shop I used to go to caught fire

theaccordian

Reaction score
overnighted my ecu to get reprogrammed by Jet on Monday and they should overnight it to me by today. By the end of today you guys should know if this thing works or not. Just gotta play the waiting game now....

jackhunt321

Reaction score
why did you do a jet tune, and not a AEM EMS or something with more versatility?

theaccordian

Reaction score
update: after messing around with used ecu's that didnt work. I finally got fed up and ripped out my stock ecu and overnighted it to Jet. They loaded the program and overnighted it back. Overall I only had two days of down time.

DSC02320.jpg

DSC02321.jpg

when I saw this I had mixed emotions:

bad: I probably wont pass smog anymore and have to get a new ECU. :mad:

Good: This probably means it has a redicolously agressive tune. :D

After plugging the jet ecu back in, I went to go fill up on 91 octane and did some easy driving so the ecu could recalibrate.

After 15 minutes of that I opened it up a little more and I felt my low end come back. Felt great I just blip the throttle and it goes!

Finally after about half an hour of normal driving, I decided to open it up all the way. Floored it, car downshifted, and pushed me back in my seat. The car felt more "meaty" throught the entire powerband, and pulls noticeably harder then before. Top end the power kinda feels liek it drops off before redline though. (5700-redline)

Daily driving is alot easier now I dont have to take it up to 4k to keep up with traffic anymore. I feel an increase in torque than I do in hp.Butt dyno I felt more gains than my I/H/E combined. Dont get me wrong its not a 20 hp gain, but its definately noticeable. Car is alot more fun to drive now.

Id recommend this to anyone who wants to get the most out of their boltons but dont wanna get an expensive fuel control unit and have to go get it dyno tuned.

All I have left is my tb which is getting bored by maxbore. Get that on. then im off to the dyno. I'll keep you guys updated!

HondaGus

Reaction score
dude i wanna do this give me a web site, where i can send my ECU to them, how much does it cost as well!

i already have intake, FULL EXHAUST, HEADERS, on the way i have power pullies and a cam gear.

theaccordian

Reaction score
http://www.jetchip.com/products.asp?pid=14478

All you do is order it from their website around for around $300. then they will send you a package with a packet of info, you fill out a form listing engine type and mods, and you send the from and your ecu to Jet, tehy reprogram it and send it back.

16517.jpg

youre not gonna feel much when you first get it on cause it takes time for the ecu to relearn its settings.But it feels better and better the more I drive.

Supposeldy jet gives a rough a/f tune based on engine and mods and advances timing which is why i have to use 91+ octane.

Back