Mission Impossible:Get to NA 150 WHP:Do you accept?

theaccordian

Reaction score
kapao818 said:
i was thinking of getting the ECU you have on sale and sending that to JET. but i don't really want to run 91 all the time...expensive gas prices!

its expensive regardless. and I sold the ecu. sorry. if you overnight your ecu its only two days of downtime. theyre located in huntington beach maybe you can have them reprogram it in person. Give us a behind the scenes look :cool:

kapao818

Reaction score
o wow they are in huntington beach? i live pretty close there...maybe there will be a behind the scenes look. and you already sold the ecu? aww man. maybe they can flash the ecu in one day if i go there in person.

Sonnick

Reaction score
Great thread! I always wanted to see what the f23 could do with these mods. I will be doing this myself when I get a chance. I would like to be above the 150whp mark as well. I have a 2000 5spd, which is surprisingly quick for what it is...I'd like to see how it performs with the Jet ECU upgrade, even on stock

http://media.putfile.com/MOV04297...That's a little clip of like 0-50 or so, just with a $15 pep boy cone and axleback, and on steelies :D

Last edited:

theaccordian

Reaction score
the jet ecu will pull you through gears alot quicker. No slow motion tach after 3rd gear, its a steady pull.I feel the power but my sh*ttyass auto gearing doesnt use it properly.

theaccordian

Reaction score
Sonnick said:
Great thread! I always wanted to see what the f23 could do with these mods. I will be doing this myself when I get a chance. I would like to be above the 150whp mark as well. I have a 2000 5spd, which is surprisingly quick for what it is...I'd like to see how it performs with the Jet ECU upgrade, even on stock

http://media.putfile.com/MOV04297...That's a little clip of like 0-50 or so, just with a $15 pep boy cone and axleback, and on steelies :D

dont do stock cause eventually when you get more mods youre gonna have to change the tune. If money is the problem, you can get used brand name sr/cai for like $40-70 or an new ebay brand for same price. Meagan headers for $150-200, cat back for $300.

01accorddx

Reaction score
if you got a 5 spd convert to obd1 w/p28 ecu, and it get it dyno tuned, so they wont be guessin wat to set your air/fuel mixtures and also timing. the harness is about 80, ecu is about 100, den dyno tuned is about 150. and there is no wiring cutting or anything jus plug and play, den when you have to do smog, swap in your stock ecu, and you should have no problems

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
01accorddx said:
if you got a 5 spd convert to obd1 w/p28 ecu, and it get it dyno tuned, so they wont be guessin wat to set your air/fuel mixtures and also timing. the harness is about 80, ecu is about 100, den dyno tuned is about 150. and there is no wiring cutting or anything jus plug and play, den when you have to do smog, swap in your stock ecu, and you should have no problems

It's not just that simple. You have to rewire your injectors and your IACV.

01accorddx

Reaction score
you dont have to rewire the injectors, you dont need a resistor box, our accords have high impedence injectors, not saturated like obd1, IACv have the tuner disable it so you dont have to rewire it, den you can also bypass the coolant lines tha go to it and the tb w/o throwin CEL, by doing that you wont heat up the IM at all, which will create more hp, and you might have a idle prob wit the ac on, but adj the idle manually from the tb screw. so with the engine wiring harness not touched, you can have a tuned obd1 ecu, den for smog purposes use your obd2... jus a sug. some 1 can use.

Crono139

Reaction score
You would need a manual swap, too.

So it doesn't fit into your "cost effective" build.

In other words, ignore what he said. :p

Back