moar fabrication :g

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
already kinda touched on...

my buddy built a 3" turbo back exhaust for a 2g dsm with no resonators...sounded like it had an exhaust leak right before the muffler. good for performance... :ugh: for driving normally.

MoneyPit

Reaction score
fawken sick......

car is always nicely done....definitely a nice coupe
Thanks breh. :thumbsup:
Nice work man, looks great. About the 'metal hunk' you removed...what was it and why was it there?
Thanks bud. The hunk was the slushbox AT. It was like twice the size of its replacement
Sick fab work, ever do a header before?
Thanks. I haven't done a header yet. Depending on how far I end up going with this car, I may build headers for it with larger diameter collectors than are currently available. Who knows, lol!
Great work and nice *** :naughty:
I tell her that all the time, lol!
already kinda touched on...

my buddy built a 3" turbo back exhaust for a 2g dsm with no resonators...sounded like it had an exhaust leak right before the muffler. good for performance... :ugh: for driving normally.
Yeah, like I said--we'll see. My previous setup was straight-pipes with dual rear mufflers (no cat, no resonators), and it was super-duper quiet. With the new setup, I'm adding a cat, hoping to gain a little sound with just the one muffler. Like I said, if it's too loud, I'll throw a resonator in there.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Great choice on the exhaust setup, I think you will love it! I have almost the exact same setup actually - 3" straight back with 3" Magnaflow muffler, but no cat. What size downpipe are you running?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
damn... very clean work bro...

ur motor will breath much better now :rock:

bovodo

Reaction score
going turbo?

edit: i just saw it was MoneyPit and his oh ballin @ss! nice turbo back exhaust!!!

Last edited:

MoneyPit

Reaction score
Great choice on the exhaust setup, I think you will love it! I have almost the exact same setup actually - 3" straight back with 3" Magnaflow muffler, but no cat. What size downpipe are you running?
Which muffler do you have? I'm real excited to see what the mendrel and 1/2" tubing increase does for my lag and volume. I'll be building a downpipe out of the 3" as well with a machined v-band flange. Once it's all said-and-done, there should be some pretty legit gains on the j36.
damn looks good. cant wait to see when its finish.
damn... very clean work bro...

ur motor will breath much better now :rock:
That's the goal! Only the dyno will tell...
going turbo?

edit: i just saw it was MoneyPit and his oh ballin @ss! nice turbo back exhaust!!!
lol. Thanks breh!

kn0x47

Reaction score
The diy universal kits are the way to do it. Super cheap, fully mendrel bent, and pretty damn easy to make the perfect setup. Do it! But yes, the exhaust is just tack welded atm. Once the DP and cat is in, I'll go back and fully weld all the seams, then coat them.

what do you coat them with? just wondering

01ULEVTW

Reaction score
Looks awesome, i prefer the single exhaust setup on our cars, coupe or sedan...props for having the skill level to do this. x2, what do you coat the exhaust with?

Back