Mods for my CG?

jdmcg3

Reaction score
you're not gonna gain much until you start actually building. I'd save up and start buying everything. Then when you have everything you put everything on. Then you're only tearing your engine apart once. There arn't many N/A builds for this car cause it's so hard to achieve much power with this engine. NASOHC is one of the members on here with an N/A build. you might want to read through his threads and see what you can learn.

thats because no one on here has done a high comp build.

i feel like a OS bore to 89mm with some 12.1 c/r pistons with a nice PnP
head would make some great numbers. just saying..

AFAccord

Reaction score
So i already have Meagan Heads and Injen Shortram , i was think coverting to odb1 and some other ECU along with MSD 6AL-2 ignition system with the 2-step launch. Has anyone tried it ? is it a hard job and will it reqiure dyno tune ?thanks

It's a fairly simple conversion if you have someone who knows Honda wiring and actually understands how each sensor/wire does. You don't need the ignition though. Sell that and get an adjustable cam gear.

This is the Accord at Blue Ridge Motorsports on a Dynocom dyno, right after we gutted the clogged cat. Tuned by the incredible Joseph Davis. For those of you in-the-know, I did get the PnP head installed this weekend, but had some P2V clearance issues with the cam, so that'll be another day. The staff there stated the dyno was supposed to be calibrated to read similar to a DynoJet, but instead is pretty stiff and reads a little lower than most Mustang dyno's.

FYI: There was an '01 Prelude that Joseph tuned before me with a fully ported/polished head, JUN stage 3 cams, full exhaust, and a 50 wet shot that made ~192whp and 234whp on spray.

allruns.jpg

Enjoy! Hope to see some of you at IA!

F23A1
M2S4 Tranny
OBD1 Converted - P61 chipped and tuned with eCtune by J. Davis
AEM Cam gear
Gutted Cat (still stock exhaust)
ebay header
AEM CAI
EGR Block-off by KMS
Coolant bypass for TB, IM and IACV.

The cam gear was finally set to -4.5 degrees. This shifted the power band upward significantly as you can see, it does not drop off as heavily as stock, and maintains 160+whp even up to 6700rpm. This really helped me out with the H23 tranny. Retarding the cam pulled about 10ft/lbs out of the bottom end, but the motor LOVED some aggressive ignition timing down low, and regained all that was lost and then some. :)

If you want to go a step further, you can mill the head .030" to bump compression. You can mill as much as .040-.050" but you need to clay the motor for piston to valve clearance at that point, especially if you're going to be adjusting the cam timing.

thats because no one on here has done a high comp build.

i feel like a OS bore to 89mm with some 12.1 c/r pistons with a nice PnP
head would make some great numbers. just saying..

High compression build with the F23 head is just working against yourself. 89mm would require resleeving, which you even admitted is more than you want to pay, and any serious head work would be much more cost effective with an F22a head.

Back