Moving on from the Accord - 2011 WRX Hatch

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Yep. Love the new WRX's. One of my classmates has a very nice white WRX hatch like yours. I got to ride in it one and it was fun!

xluben

Reaction score
I believe the bottom end of the gears (countershaft cluster gear), please correct me if I am wrong on anything; will connect to the drive shaft, then differential.

Pertaining to an AWD vehicle such as Subaru, how will this process work?
Yes, that's pretty much correct. This photo shows it a little better.

i-fcnZRNW-L.jpg

You can see that the pinion and diff for the front wheels is inside the tranny. For the rear wheels the center diff is just behind the stuff in the photo above. Coming out behind that is the driveshaft. That goes back to the rear diff. The front and rear are open diffs and the center is a viscous coupling.

Yep. Love the new WRX's. One of my classmates has a very nice white WRX hatch like yours. I got to ride in it one and it was fun!
Nice!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looking at the Cusco 1.5way rear LSD for the extra rear diff I picked up awhile back. Haven't found one for the front yet.

CHID0

Reaction score
Change of subject. Why 22mm sways in the front and rear. Doesn't whiteline make thicker ones? Are there any adverse effect to opting for the thicker bars? Thoughts on the adjustable ones?

xluben

Reaction score
Change of subject. Why 22mm sways in the front and rear. Doesn't whiteline make thicker ones? Are there any adverse effect to opting for the thicker bars? Thoughts on the adjustable ones?
Whiteline makes solid bars so the are fairly firm for their diameter (compared to hollow bars). The 22mm bars are decently stiffer than stock, but nothing crazy. I don't want the car overly stiff. Getting a good balance was more important to me, and I'm not looking to lift the rear tire on a turn (like you might want to with FWD). These are adjustable bars. They could be set to be stiffer if I choose later.

Back