My 2003 Subaru WRX

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Ditch the hood scoop go impreza hood with hidden front mount. Go stealth

BigAnt

Reaction score
My plans are wingless trunk, regular hood, either 04/05 or 06/07 tail lights (can't decide), FMIC (black), drop, and wheels. These are my exterior mods.

I'm picking up my exhaust tomorrow, HKS Hi-Power.

J30MAN

Reaction score
how much was it? id like to trade mine for one of these once i graduate.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
If you're doin a front mount you'd better be getting a bigger turbo to help the airflow through all that extra space. It won't do anything, in fact it will actually lower your pressures because there will be that much more space. Plus, lag will increase. Stay top mount with the stock turbo, and for the love of everything good in this world, DO NOT GET A BLOW OFF VALVE.

BigAnt

Reaction score
how much was it? id like to trade mine for one of these once i graduate.

I got it for $10k out the door (including taxes and fees)

shes a beauty. and nothing compares to the boxer rumble. nice pick up

I like the boxer rumble also, Subarus only have that sound because they have unequal length headers. Watch a video from YouTube for equal length headers Subarus.

If you're doin a front mount you'd better be getting a bigger turbo to help the airflow through all that extra space. It won't do anything, in fact it will actually lower your pressures because there will be that much more space. Plus, lag will increase. Stay top mount with the stock turbo, and for the love of everything good in this world, DO NOT GET A BLOW OFF VALVE.

I don't plan on getting a FMIC until I start to make power towards 260WHP. I don't plan on getting a BOV that releases into the atmosphere. I want to get an external wastegate.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
The factory bypass valve (one that redirects the excess pressure back through the intake) has been tested up to 30 psi, so you shouldn't have any problems with it until you go crazy with boost... Or replace the top mount.

Back