xci.ed6

Reaction score
i actually have an obd0 d15-block stripped-free

prob is...it's in iowa, im in florida

and a ported head...with one bent valve,cause of my f'up during assembly :doh2:

Last edited:

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Couple days ago I found a leak that might have formed somehow when I put on the new tails. Been too busy to figure it out so I put tape over all the possible leaking areas, I might put back the old ones temporarily just to see what happens next time it rains.
Also, a hinge for the hatch broke so I need to avoid opening the hatch until I get it fixed. Just some things you need to deal with on old cars I guess :/

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Tapatalk

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Bought a B18C1 for $400 yesterday. It does need some work, but overall I think I got a pretty good deal :) Still need to find a transmission, trying to decide between an S4C from an EM1 SI/EK9 Type R or an S80 from a GSR or maybe even USDM ITR. Too many choices.

IMG_20140604_131152_zpsb8x5chg1.jpg

I also gutted the back and started partially removing the D15, but no pictures of those yet.

f20bcg3

Reaction score
^ i completely agree....... but preferably go with either the itr tranny or gsr tranny you wont regret it

F20Bs don't take prisoners they chop faces off!!

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Go lsd. Short if n/a, tall(er) if turbo, not hf tall.

I'm sticking n/a with a goal of 170 whp. This is going to be just a track car for the most part and I don't know if an s4c's too short for a pretty much stock B18c1.
And I'm definitely going lsd in the future. I know a guy who knows a guy so if I'm lucky I can get a good deal on an mfactory lsd

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
^ i completely agree....... but preferably go with either the itr tranny or gsr tranny you wont regret it

Why would you prefer an itr or gsr trans over the shorter civic trans?

f20bcg3

Reaction score
Being that the itr and gsr trans have just the right gearing for a nice n/a build as well as a going boost but as stated if ur staying under 200hp track car might as well go with a short civic tranny the gears in my wifes em2 are short n sweet so u shuld look into one of those

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Nice progress! Too bad you aren't close to Clarksville, TN, my brother is trying to get rid of his for $800. Guess he had a head issue and doesn't feel like timing or installing new head and wants it gone :rofl: You going to change out your axles too?

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Being that the itr and gsr trans have just the right gearing for a nice n/a build as well as a going boost but as stated if ur staying under 200hp track car might as well go with a short civic tranny the gears in my wifes em2 are short n sweet so u shuld look into one of those

The em2 uses a d17 motor, those transmissions aren't compatible with b series :lawl: the gsr trans seems to be more widely available where I am so I might end up with one of those, but we'll see what happens.

Nice progress! Too bad you aren't close to Clarksville, TN, my brother is trying to get rid of his for $800. Guess he had a head issue and doesn't feel like timing or installing new head and wants it gone :rofl: You going to change out your axles too?
I can't remember if it's required to change the axles. If so, then obviously I will :p I sort of want to get the driveshaft shop's racing axles in the future, but feel like it'll be too much overkill for my setup

Back