my beater

flyspyder55

Reaction score
sorry for the lack of pictures guys... .and my car is HARDLY what id call nice... its still a beater with plenty of dings and dents, the bumper doesnt even sit quite straight.

althought i have started (what will be a slow) build.

having the crank turned on my f23... decided im gonna go g23. still lotsa parts to buy, but this is the build list so far, XXX marks parts already aquired. ill be leaving my h22 in my car till i get my g23 togather, so ive had to pickup another head

F23 block and crank XXX
stock k20 type s rods and pistons XXX
arp rod and headbolts
60-1 turbonetics turbo, .63 ar hotside XXX
550 precision injectors XXX
various braided line and fittings XXX
type S cams XXX
cp rings
cheap ebay log manifold (provided hood clears turbo)
euro H manifold XXX
decent clutch (needed badly lol)
tial 38 knock off XXX
aftermarket retainers

dont plan on revving very high, about 7000 rpms. keeping stock springs and aftermarket retainers... the valvetrain isnt going to be an issue till the bottom end rips itself apart.

i really think this is the ideal budget h build.
lots of stroke for mid range power as this is my daily
the biggest weakpoint of the stock f bottom end is weak rods with tiny rod bolts, the higher compression k20 pistons, combined with the 2mm shorter rods, should leave me at roughly 9.7:1 compesssion... again an ideal CR for a motor that will see decent boost but be long term daily drivable without giving up midrange.

shooting to be at about 400 whp on 14-15 psi... which also keeps the 60-1 right on the high end of its 75%+ efficiency range.

weekend warrior (still not done :()

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

engine in old chassis.... going back into my supra now :)

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

lots of changes to this one soon... coils, 3 piece jdm autostrata modenas, skirts.

flyspyder55

Reaction score
as for the mph in second... anyone with a manual and the ability to do simply math can figure that out... stock f23 manual, 6600 rpm revlimiter - 65mph...

do the math... 7500 rpm =73.8 mph i could wind it out to 8 but i dont see the point on the stock cams

flyspyder55

Reaction score
Bought some friction master ceramic pads... new wheel bearings for front... rebuild kits for my lude. Calipers.... just need some extended studs and ill be ready to go five lug

flyspyder55

Reaction score
tranny came apart 2 weeks ago... i guess the million burnouts finally took its toll.

lol like theres a 5 inch wide hole above the diff, 2 inch hole under it, and one of the gears tried to punch into the bellhousing.

so i replaced it with a type SH jdm prelude trans with a usdm open diff... lil better gearing now.

Back